Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

FILING COMPLAINT WITH BETTER BIZ. BUREAU

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers >> FILING COMPLAINT WITH BETTER BIZ. BUREAU Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
FILING COMPLAINT WITH BETTER BIZ. BUREAU - 12/23/2007 2:24:07 AM   
E1492H

WE BOUGHT COMMANDER EUROPE AT WAR BASED ON THE FACT THAT IT IS PLAYABLE VIA PBEM. HOWEVER UPON PURCHASING THE GAME THERE ARE NO INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO PLAY BY E-MAIL AND YOUR STAFF SIMPLY SAID THEY DO NOT PLAY THIS GAME VIA PBEM SO THEY COULD NOT HELP. WHAT THE HELL KIND OF STATEMENT IS THAT FROM THE COMPANY THAT PROVIDES THE GAME? THE FORUM HAS BEEN USELESS AS FAR AS GETTING INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO PBEM.

MYSELF AND A FRIEND OF MINE WHO RECENTLY PURCHASED THE GAME ARE BOTH GOING TO FILE COMPLAINTS WITH THE BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU ON MONDAY DECEMBER 24, 2007 AND REQUEST REFUNDS. THE COMPLAINTS WILL BE FOR FALSE ADVERTISING AND OTHER POINTS. NEEDLESS TO SAY WE ARE UPSET AT THE LACK OF SUPPORT FROM YOU PEOPLE AT MATRIX AND WILL NEVER PURCHASE ANOTHER GAME FROM YOU EVER.

ERIC HILDEBRAND

< Message edited by E1492H -- 12/23/2007 2:27:10 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: FILING COMPLAINT WITH BETTER BIZ. BUREAU - 12/23/2007 2:26:21 AM   
Terminus

Stop yelling, you idiot. With two posts in the last 10 days, you haven't tried very hard to get help.

< Message edited by Terminus -- 12/23/2007 2:28:05 AM >

We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.

(in reply to E1492H)
Post #: 2
RE: FILING COMPLAINT WITH BETTER BIZ. BUREAU - 12/23/2007 3:24:19 AM   
JAMiAM

Hi,

A few things....

First, when you use all CAPS, it is shouting, and as in all cases, when you open a conversation by shouting at someone, you are being rude. This is not conducive to getting someone to even reply to you, let alone address your concerns.

Next, the BBB has nothing to do with organizations that do not belong to it, so your threats are pretty much empty.\

Thirdly, if you want game specific assistance, you should post these requests (more politely than you've done so far) in the specific forums here, that are set up for the individual games. That way, you can get the assistance you need, from people who are intimately familiar with the program.

Now, if you can be a little more specific about what problem you are having, and post it in the proper place, you will probably get some better help. Judging from your previous request, however, where you stated this...

quote:

I CAN DOWNLOAD THE GAME MOVE MY FRIEND SENT ME BUT I CANNOT OPEN IT. THE COMPUTER MESSAGE THAT POPS UP ASKS WHAT PROGRAM i WANT TO US TO OPEN IT. WHEN I TRIED SENDING A GAME MOVE TO MY FRIEND HE EXPERIENCED THE SAME PROBLEM. SO HOW DO WE OPEN THE COMMANDER EUROPE AT WAR GAME MOVES WHEN PLAYING BY PBEM?

WHAT PROGRAM DO I USE TO OPEN THIS DOWNLOADED MATERIAL?

...it sounds like both you and your friend haven't yet figured out that you each need to do one of two things in order to continue your pbem games. That is:

1) Download to, or move to the file location shown in the screenshot below, the pbem file that you are playing from.
2) Use the Windows explorer dialogue to navigate to the pbem file that you need to play from, in the event that it is still sitting in some other download location on your computer.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 3
RE: FILING COMPLAINT WITH BETTER BIZ. BUREAU - 12/25/2007 6:10:06 PM   
dalelast

Please note that Matrix is operating with a limited staff for the holidays:

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=1655002

And also, in regards to the hostility of your post:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTUruCv4Qi4&feature=related

(in reply to E1492H)
Post #: 4
RE: FILING COMPLAINT WITH BETTER BIZ. BUREAU - 12/27/2007 12:58:32 PM   
Erik Rutins

Dear Eric,

quote:

ORIGINAL: E1492H
WE BOUGHT COMMANDER EUROPE AT WAR BASED ON THE FACT THAT IT IS PLAYABLE VIA PBEM. HOWEVER UPON PURCHASING THE GAME THERE ARE NO INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO PLAY BY E-MAIL AND YOUR STAFF SIMPLY SAID THEY DO NOT PLAY THIS GAME VIA PBEM SO THEY COULD NOT HELP. WHAT THE HELL KIND OF STATEMENT IS THAT FROM THE COMPANY THAT PROVIDES THE GAME? THE FORUM HAS BEEN USELESS AS FAR AS GETTING INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO PBEM.

First of all, this forum is not for official support, though we do check in from time to time. Our support@matrixgames.com account is the official support hotline.

I spoke with our tech support people, since I also found a reply like that unacceptable. However, the story they told me was quite different as far as their exchange with you and they had e-mails to back it up. Could you please e-mail us again at support@matrixgames.com so that we can help you out? We just need a little cooperation from you to help with your issue.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to E1492H)
Post #: 5
RE: FILING COMPLAINT WITH BETTER BIZ. BUREAU - 12/27/2007 2:23:11 PM   
m10bob

With thousands of happy and loyal customers, it is always interesting to see where one or two people feel the need to publicly ridicule the host of the forum itself.

In our society, we have come to expect results immediately.
How long did Ralphie watch his mailbox waiting for the Ovaltine "Little Orphan Annie" decoder?

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers >> FILING COMPLAINT WITH BETTER BIZ. BUREAU Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI