Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

First time buyer needs help - please!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers >> First time buyer needs help - please! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
First time buyer needs help - please! - 12/28/2007 9:59:36 AM   
SolomonGrundy

I hope someone can help me. I received Commander:Europe at War for Christmas and guess what...it doesn't work. I have the physical copy and it installed fine. However, when loading from the "Play" link, it simply loads indefinitely without stopping. I have a Pentium D dual core (3 GHz) and an Nvidia 7900 GTx card so I don't think my specs are the problem. I have sent a number o emails to support but no replies. I'm not gonna lie; I am a first time buyer from Matrix and so far I am not very impressed across the board. I'm hoping that someone can help me and change my mind because I would really like to have fun with future matrix products!
Post #: 1
RE: First time buyer needs help - please! - 12/28/2007 10:15:13 AM   
Mark71

Can't help directly. But I have a suggestion. You could try posting in the Commander Europe at War support forum. Also include a directx dialog file (see sticky in the support forum). This may give people enough insight to help you out. Because of a christmas break support from the matrix-staff may take a bit longer than usual.

<edit> you could also try renaming certain video-files (not sure what the names are) which should be in the Commander EAW folder. There have been issues with introduction video's before. It's typically a Matrix intro followed by a <developer> intro. Renaming these should skip them and may have the desired effect </edit>

< Message edited by Mark71 -- 12/28/2007 10:19:55 AM >

the poster formerly known as Murky71

(in reply to SolomonGrundy)
Post #: 2
RE: First time buyer needs help - please! - 12/28/2007 11:51:59 AM   
sterckxe

quote:

ORIGINAL: SolomonGrundy
I have sent a number o emails to support but no replies.

Would that be support@matrixgames.com ?

If not you could try that one as it's the official support email address. That said, the easiest solution is probably to post your problem at the C:EaW forum at

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tt.asp?forumid=453

also make sure you've got the latest patch - to be found at :

http://www.matrixgames.com/games/downloads.asp?gid=344

Finally : If you're running Vista the solution might be as simple as right-clicking the shortcut on screen and setting it to run as admin.

quote:

ORIGINAL: SolomonGrundy
I'm not gonna lie; I am a first time buyer from Matrix and so far I am not very impressed across the board. I'm hoping that someone can help me and change my mind because I would really like to have fun with future matrix products!

You will - but first lets make sure you have some fun with C:EaW first

Greetz,

Eddy Sterckx

(in reply to SolomonGrundy)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers >> First time buyer needs help - please! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI