Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

using wrong .eqp file

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> TOAW III Support >> using wrong .eqp file Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
using wrong .eqp file - 10/26/2007 12:21:03 AM   
E19A

I edited the forces from the original desert storm, to saddams final gamble, and I am now getting a message that I have the wrong .eqp file. What do I do to fix this?
Post #: 1
RE: using wrong .eqp file - 10/26/2007 5:20:06 AM   
ColinWright

How many times have you gotten the message? I always get it the first time I open a scenario with a new equipment file -- but not thereafter.

I am not Charlie Hebdo

(in reply to E19A)
Post #: 2
RE: using wrong .eqp file - 10/26/2007 9:32:33 AM   
Telumar

Open the scenario in the editor (where you will get the same message) and save. Done. No more warnings.

(in reply to ColinWright)
Post #: 3
RE: using wrong .eqp file - 10/29/2007 1:12:42 AM   
Raindem

I am getting this error with all scenarios I try to start with my opponent. Even the disk Arracourt 44 generates the error. And then the game shuts down; doesn't let me load.

We've verified that neither of us are using altered equipment files or have any stray equipment files floating around. And neither of us have graphics sub-directories for the scenario's that crashed. I've tried Telumar's suggestion but unfortunately that didn't work. I don't get any "wrong .eqp file" errors when I open the scenarios in the editor, only when I pbm with another player.

Edit: Nevermind, we figured it out. My bad.

< Message edited by Raindem -- 10/29/2007 1:15:54 AM >

Grab them by the balls. Their hearts and minds will follow.

(in reply to Telumar)
Post #: 4
RE: using wrong .eqp file - 10/29/2007 3:23:13 AM   
JAMiAM

quote:

ORIGINAL: Raindem

I am getting this error with all scenarios I try to start with my opponent. Even the disk Arracourt 44 generates the error. And then the game shuts down; doesn't let me load.

We've verified that neither of us are using altered equipment files or have any stray equipment files floating around. And neither of us have graphics sub-directories for the scenario's that crashed. I've tried Telumar's suggestion but unfortunately that didn't work. I don't get any "wrong .eqp file" errors when I open the scenarios in the editor, only when I pbm with another player.

Edit: Nevermind, we figured it out. My bad.

Hi Curt,

You mind letting the rest of us know what it was that you were doing wrong, so that the next guy that comes around with a similar problem will be able to have another tool in his arsenal to try out?

(in reply to Raindem)
Post #: 5
RE: using wrong .eqp file - 10/30/2007 3:39:09 AM   
E19A

Found ny own problem I had a Helicopter unit with a mech cavalry symbol. Changed it to helicopter, no longer get the message. MY dumb.

(in reply to E19A)
Post #: 6
RE: using wrong .eqp file - 11/1/2007 5:40:41 AM   
Raindem

Yeah, I was checking the Graphics directory for .eqp files but not the AltGraphics directory.  When I looked in AltGraphics sure enough there was an old equipment file buried in there.

Grab them by the balls. Their hearts and minds will follow.

(in reply to E19A)
Post #: 7
RE: using wrong .eqp file - 12/29/2007 7:28:08 AM   
L`zard

Nevermind

< Message edited by L`zard -- 12/30/2007 1:13:05 AM >

"I have the brain of a genius, and the heart of a little child! I keep them in a jar under my bed."

(in reply to Raindem)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> TOAW III Support >> using wrong .eqp file Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI