Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Allied Experienced Opponent for Gary's Mod

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Opponents wanted >> Allied Experienced Opponent for Gary's Mod Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Allied Experienced Opponent for Gary's Mod - 1/6/2008 6:40:31 PM   
John 3rd

I think that I am going to have two campaigns ending very soon and am interesting in playing Gary Childress's Mod. Would like an experienced Allied Player!

This campaign will be started under the knowledge that when AE comes out, we will probably shift to it. Thus, this will be a 6-8 month gamewhere I can do an average of a turn a day and more during the WEEKDAYS. Since I am unemployed THOSE days are far better for me to get turns out!

Standard House Rules can be set...

Member: Treaty, Reluctant Admiral and Between the Storms Mod Team.

Reluctant Admiral Mod:
https://sites.google.com/site/reluctantadmiral/
Post #: 1
RE: Allied Experienced Opponent for Gary's Mod - 1/7/2008 4:50:49 AM   
GaryChildress

Sounds great! I'm ecstatic that my mod will see some use!

You probably want to use this latest fixed version, though. The prior version which was up on the download page had some things that needed to be fixed. The newest version is here.

http://www.geocities.com/garychildress47/Gary_Mod_Beta.zip

The current version above uses 1000 political points per turn for both sides. We are currently debating political points per turn. We're thinking that 1000 per turn may be too many, that maybe 500 per turn might be more reasonable. If you want to play with 500 PPs per turn I can send you a modified copy.

< Message edited by Gary Childress -- 1/7/2008 4:52:39 AM >

(in reply to John 3rd)
Post #: 2
RE: Allied Experienced Opponent for Gary's Mod - 1/7/2008 6:51:06 AM   
John 3rd

Gary,

Just PM'd you...

John

Reluctant Admiral Mod:

(in reply to GaryChildress)
Post #: 3
RE: Allied Experienced Opponent for Gary's Mod - 1/7/2008 6:54:13 AM   
dpstafford

500 seems like too many. Within a month you could change the HQ every unit two times over.........

Post #: 4
RE: Allied Experienced Opponent for Gary's Mod - 1/7/2008 7:06:58 AM   
John 3rd

Hey Sir!

I just recommended to Gary lowering it to 250 PP/Day.  That would be a full strength Japanese Division every two weeks.  Figure that might be more realistic especially if there are a lot of units that have to be 'bought' in the opening days of the war...

Reluctant Admiral Mod:

(in reply to dpstafford)
Post #: 5
RE: Allied Experienced Opponent for Gary's Mod - 1/7/2008 7:08:02 AM   
John 3rd

Headed for bed and will jump on things tomorrow morning.

Reluctant Admiral Mod:

(in reply to John 3rd)
Post #: 6
RE: Allied Experienced Opponent for Gary's Mod - 1/7/2008 9:24:01 AM   
GaryChildress

Hi John 3rd, check your PMs.

I sent you a link for downloading the mod with 500 PPs per turn instead of 1000. If you don't mind, could you keep me posted on how well that works for you? We're thinking our game may probably have too many.

As stated in the PM there are 2 main factors for raising PPs in this game.

1) Almost all arriving reinforcements in Tokyo and the other Japanese home island bases will arrive assigned to Home Defense Forces. Which means the Japanese player will need to use political points to switch them to the desired command before loading them on ship. Same goes for Allied forces arriving in Aden and San Fran.

2) Many Japanese units, such as 38th, 21st, 33rd Divisions, for instance, start the game attached to China expeditionary force instead of their traditional command which was Southern Area or Burma Area. Much the same thing goes for Allies on the West Coast. For instance 2nd Marine Div starts out assigned to West Coast Command and will need to be switched.

At this point, mind you we've only gotten to turn 3 so far in our 2x2 beta test, 1000 per turn is already beginning to look like a bit too many to us. 500 may possibly be about right. 250 per turn may possibly bog down some replacements coming, the way I'm looking at it so far. That of course is only a guesstimate.

Let me know if you guys decide you want it reduced further and I'll send it to you.

2 other factors to take into consideration:

1) The Japanese can move only so much out of Manchukuo without activating the Soviets.

2) The Japanese can only move so many units out of China Expeditionary before the Chinese can do some serious damage in China.

EDIT: Woops, the link to the new files: http://www.geocities.com/garychildress47/Gary_Mod_Beta.zip

< Message edited by Gary Childress -- 1/7/2008 9:41:15 AM >

(in reply to John 3rd)
Post #: 7
RE: Allied Experienced Opponent for Gary's Mod - 1/7/2008 9:56:16 AM   
castor troy

I don´t know how China looks like in your mod, but if there´s a chance that China can be taken by the Japanese then the 250-1000 PP every turn will soon turn into a "every atoll in the Pacific has 2-5 IJA divisions" scenario. Even if the Japanese can´t take China, if they just fortify their positions, they can still bring out 15 divs+. Not to talk about the Kwangtung units...

this could soon break the game...

Post #: 8
RE: Allied Experienced Opponent for Gary's Mod - 1/7/2008 10:14:37 AM   
GaryChildress

quote:

ORIGINAL: castor troy

I don´t know how China looks like in your mod, but if there´s a chance that China can be taken by the Japanese then the 250-1000 PP every turn will soon turn into a "every atoll in the Pacific has 2-5 IJA divisions" scenario. Even if the Japanese can´t take China, if they just fortify their positions, they can still bring out 15 divs+. Not to talk about the Kwangtung units...

this could soon break the game...

How many PPs would you think is reasonable?

EDIT: The Allies are getting the same # of PPs.

EDIT 2: I'm starting a thread in the Scenario forum so we don't drag this one off topic.

< Message edited by Gary Childress -- 1/7/2008 10:26:07 AM >

(in reply to castor troy)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Opponents wanted >> Allied Experienced Opponent for Gary's Mod Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI