Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

B.C.E. IN JULIUS CEASER

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Ancients] >> Tin Soldiers: Julius Caesar >> B.C.E. IN JULIUS CEASER Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
B.C.E. IN JULIUS CEASER - 11/8/2007 8:30:12 AM   
docsteve

wHY ARE YOU USING B.C.E. IN YOUR DATING SYSTEM FOR JULIUS CEASER GAME. ARE YOU USING THIS TO STAND FOR "BEFORE COMMON ERA", AND IF SO WHY? EVERY OTHER GAME I'VE SEEN ADVERTIZED OR PURCHASED FROM YOU DOES NOT USE THIS ABBREVIATION . IS THIS A CHANGE IN YOUR COMPANY POLICY AND IF SO I MUST ASK AGAIN WHY THE CHANGE.
THIS USAGE IS A PERSONAL AFRONT TO MY BELIEF SYSTEM AND LEADS ME TO BELIEVE THAT YOU HAVE THROWN AWAY THE TRADITIONAL SYSTEM OF DATING TIMES WITH A B.C. OR A.D., WHICH AS A BELIEVER, SHOWS ANOTHER COMPANY TURNING ITS BACK ON REFERENCES TO CHRISTIANITY DUE TO FEAR OF OFFENDING PEOPLE.
IF THIS IS YOUR NEW POLICY , I WILL HAVE TO TURN MY BACK ON MATRIX GAMES, AND THINK TWICE ABOUT EVER BUYING ANOTHER GAME FROM YOU.
THIS IS VERY WRONG, AND YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED AT GIVING IN TO THE NEWEST CONCEPT OF DATING HISTORICAL EVENTS dOCSTEVE

Post #: 1
RE: B.C.E. IN JULIUS CEASER - 11/8/2007 1:06:23 PM   
Erik Rutins

BCE is used because that's what the developer chose to use as their research materials also used it. With that said, I'm surprised that this actually offends you so much. It's not a religious statement, but rather a lack of one. Back when I studied history in the early 90s we were also taught using BCE, simply because when dealing with many historians from civilizations that never were Christian (and many still are not to this date) the BCE naming convention is more universal.

The game is not trying to make any statement, it's just reflecting what is the standard nomenclature used by historians today. I understand that religion and politics are very sensitive issues for some and that's why we don't go there, our games have no agenda. We have no policy against releasing a game that uses the older BC/AD system either - if the developers had used that, it would have been in the game. It's simply what was used in this case. If you really want to contest this, I'd suggest starting with the history faculty at all of our various colleges and universities, since in this case we were simply using the now standard naming convention that they invented.

Regards,

- Erik

< Message edited by Erik Rutins -- 11/8/2007 1:07:12 PM >

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to docsteve)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Ancients] >> Tin Soldiers: Julius Caesar >> B.C.E. IN JULIUS CEASER Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI