Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Please read carefully for new games

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> Opponents Wanted >> Please read carefully for new games Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Please read carefully for new games - 1/14/2008 11:42:48 PM   
trw2264

I have learned a few things about the EiA PBEM game since I started playing last month. Individuals have the potential to manipulate results and if the game does not move at a quick pace then individuals will lose interest.

With those few things learned, so far, I am setting out on starting up two games, but I ask that you read carefully the next few paragraphs and ask yourself a few questions. I dislike doing something like this, but it is my desire to play EiA PBEM and to enjoy the game and to have others enjoy the game as well.

First of all if you think that you will be tempted to manipulate game results or you think that you will not be dedicated to this game then please do not apply, you will be wasting your valuable time and the valuable time of others. Nor am I suggesting that you should have experience playing, but that a PBEM game against experienced players might be rough, so I do suggest that you have a little experience or at least have the desire to simulate what you want to do in a test game, so that you can see the potential results of your actions before attempting it in the PBEM game.

Now to the details:
Winter Land Movement +
Guard Commit +
Allow PBEM Host +
Allow Option Changes during the game + (but only for post-patch changes)
Third Party battle resolution -
PBEM passwords +
Econ Manip +
GB/FR War +
Leader Cas -
Priv -
PBEM Quick Results -
24 hour or less turnaround

I do not care where you live, just as long as you are dedicated to doing your phases. I will utilize skipping phases as much as possible (i.e. no Prussian or minor controlled Prussian navy, no need for a Prussian naval phase). I am not familiar with creating specific user group forums on Yahoo or Google, but I am willing to entertain that thought if somebody is willing to take the bull by the horns and set them up and I think that they are a good idea, especially for posting the different phases which can get lost in the ordinary email shuffles if you have a few EiA games going. I realize that this game will take a little longer because of the lack of the quick results, but I am hoping that the dedication will out way the lack of quick combat results.

Now to the principle stuff (and some will not agree and some might not even think it will work, but that is your opinion and each is entitled to that opinion). I ask that each individual be ethical in playing the game from a manipulation perspective (I am not talking about diplomacy). No single player playing two countries in the same game, copy-paste phases to get your desired results, etc., because you will be wasting your time in challenging yourself, but you will also be wasting the time of your fellow players. That is all I can really say, please be ethical, considerate, enjoy the challenge, comradely and fun of playing.

Now an added twist! I would like to have the same 7 players for two games and for each person to challenge themselves and not be the same country in both games, mathematically it is possible, so once it is determined what nation you will be in the first game, then you will bid 1 point for that nation in the second game. My limited experience has taught me that you will need to be organized in separating both games and setting up a system to keep them organized for yourself.

So, recap: Dedication (24 hours or less for each game turn-around), use ethics to guide you past the temptation for manipulation, respect for other player’s time because theirs is just as valuable as yours, you will need to be organized and you will be in two games simultaneously with the same players.

The games will be called Quatre Bra and Ligny and I will host.

I will not be looking at this post for players, you need to email me (not pm either, the email is below) and then once the 6 others are chosen then we will do the bids and I think that we will do the pre-game diplomacy until the first patch comes out (assuming that it will be out in the next couple of days).

I am hoping that this type of format will hold people’s interest, speed play, and reduce the temptation of unethical behavior, but none of us are always right.

Thomas Whitfield
trw2264@hotmail.com
Post #: 1
RE: Please read carefully for new games - 1/15/2008 2:01:21 AM   
luckythangood

I love the game to much to cheat so count me in

(in reply to trw2264)
Post #: 2
RE: Please read carefully for new games - 1/15/2008 7:38:53 PM   
Ted1066

I'd be in - sent you a PM, Thomas.

(in reply to luckythangood)
Post #: 3
RE: Please read carefully for new games - 1/15/2008 8:16:45 PM   
trw2264

Thanks all. We appear to have our 7. Later today I will send out an email with the particulars and we can start the bidding, diplo and, hopefully, time the patch just right.

(in reply to trw2264)
Post #: 4
RE: Please read carefully for new games - 1/15/2008 8:20:14 PM   
Murat

Very interesting concept - can't wait for the AARs on these games

(in reply to trw2264)
Post #: 5
RE: Please read carefully for new games - 1/16/2008 3:03:55 AM   
trw2264

We shall see if the concept has some value. I know that I received a lot of interest so I would encourage others to do the same. A lot of players like the quick pace, like Monroe has, and the idea of two games at once. Perhaps after the patch we might see a few dual games for a single group happening. But this is a test, it could meet with failure within a few weeks, I just do not know.

(in reply to Murat)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> Opponents Wanted >> Please read carefully for new games Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI