Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

How many CD's with TOAW III?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers >> How many CD's with TOAW III? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
How many CD's with TOAW III? - 2/14/2008 3:47:40 AM   
greaseman

Hey all, I purchased TOAW III and received the physical shipment. It came with a 2 CD case, but there's only 1 CD with the game. Is there supposed to be another CD (for 2 total)? Thanks!
Post #: 1
RE: How many CD's with TOAW III? - 2/14/2008 3:53:12 AM   
JAMiAM

Hi,

Thanks for the purchase. TOAW III is a single CD game. The cases are probably being spec'd out as 2 cd cases just because they're basically the same cost, and then they only have to stock a single form, instead of multiple case types, saving on inventory costs.

(in reply to greaseman)
Post #: 2
RE: How many CD's with TOAW III? - 2/14/2008 4:03:45 AM   
greaseman

Thanks James! (That's the 2nd time you responded quickly to a post I did.....Great job!)

p.s. played your Anonymous Heroics scenario (I'm going through the tutorial scenarios). Fun little battle. Having a blast with this game. I can't stop raving about it. From the all the different scenarios to the very competent AI (or PO - what does that stand for anyway?). Great game.

(in reply to JAMiAM)
Post #: 3
RE: How many CD's with TOAW III? - 2/14/2008 5:27:23 AM   
JAMiAM

Hi,

PO stands for Programmed Opponent. The AI for the game is primarily a tactical AI, and the Operational and Strategic objectives for the formations of a side need to be programmed by the Scenario Designer. Hence, Programmed Opponent. If they haven't been programmed, or well, for that matter, then the single player performance of the scenario will be lacking, as the formations will not respond well, if at all.

Glad you're enjoying it.

(in reply to greaseman)
Post #: 4
RE: How many CD's with TOAW III? - 2/14/2008 5:31:28 AM   
JAMiAM

Oh...by the way, if you're using the New Flanking Rules option under the Advanced Game Options, then results between the tutorial and actual game performance will be a bit off. Essentially, the tutorial was written with the original flanking rules in mind, and in my opinion, that scenario plays much better that way, anyhow.

(in reply to JAMiAM)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers >> How many CD's with TOAW III? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI