Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Wrecks on Bridges

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Wrecks on Bridges Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Wrecks on Bridges - 9/17/2000 11:06:00 AM   
Mike Mnich

How do you get past a wreck on a bridge? Can any vehicles push the wreck off? They could in real life couldn't they? If it was a jeep or armored car, a squad of men could push it off. I hope there is a way. Otherwise it seems unrealistic, for a defending enemy could just place mines at the bridge andyou could never get to them. Thanks, Mike

Post #: 1
- 9/17/2000 11:19:00 AM   
Rhone

Well, you could use your engineers to check the bridge before you roll your Lt tanks and armored cars across it!

(in reply to Mike Mnich)
Post #: 2
- 9/18/2000 12:41:00 AM   
von Bult

Bridges are perfect bottlenecks, aren't they? A wreck could probably be pushed off the bridge provided it was still able to roll and the bridge was flat with no rails. This job was a lot easier while not under fire and usually took quite a few minutes or even hours. Within the time frame of most scenarios it is considered to be impossible. Besides, its almost impossible to get the favorable conditions you'd need to easily push the wreck over the side. As Rhone said, it is very important for bridges to be inspected by infantry before crossing with vehicles because a wreck can be a very effective roadblock. - von Bult

(in reply to Mike Mnich)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Wrecks on Bridges Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI