Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Novice seeking opponent for small scenario (scenario 4)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Opponents wanted >> Novice seeking opponent for small scenario (scenario 4) Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Novice seeking opponent for small scenario (scenario 4) - 1/22/2008 7:35:33 AM   
Son of Jorg

Hey all...somewhat new to these boards, I posted awhile back looking for an opponent but I was not able to play. I'm interested in getting my feet wet versus a live opponent, but I didnt really want to tackle the whole war scenario, considering I'm new to PBEM, and that Admirals Edition is coming out this summer. Figured a smaller scenario would get me familiar with the intricacies of playing a live opponent, in preparation for a full campaign in AE.

I've played the AI in smaller scenarios and a bit on the larger ones, and it seems to me to be quite stupid in most cases. I feel to enjoy all this game has to offer I need to play against a real person .

I live in South Dakota, actually just few blocks from the memorial to BB-57, the USS South Dakota, namesake of her class. I drive by it every day to work; it's a concrete outline of her deck, with a small museum midship, and few or the original AA guns and other small memorabilia scattered around. I'm a bit of history buff myself, but nowhere near some of you. The South Dakota participated in the Battle of Santa Cruz, fought a night surface engagment in Iron Bottom sound where she helped sink the Japanese Battleship Kirishima and a destroyer, and after that helped bombard numerous islands, and was among the first heavy ships to bombard the Jap home islands.

Hmm, don't know why I went off on that tangent; guess once I start typing I can't stop.

Anyways, I'm looking to play Scenario 4, which is the hypothetical south seas scenario. It's a balanced and crucial time in the war and the scenario is about a year long. I know there are house rules and such, mods, etc, and I'd be willing to try just about anything. I'm a novice player, and would like best to play with another novice; but if a vet wants to play, an asskicking would teach me a lot. I'll play either side. I'd easily be able to do one turn a day, and probably able to do more then that, considering it does not take all that long to issue orders in a smaller scenario.

You can contact me at yukon138@yahoo.com

Thanks!
Post #: 1
RE: Novice seeking opponent for small scenario (scenari... - 1/22/2008 1:21:42 PM   
marky

well mate if its an arse kicking ya want i can try and supply ya with 1, ive never been able to play that scen in PBEM

also yes, the AI is notoriously unintelligent

ill email ya in a few minutes, and we can start da negotiations

(in reply to Son of Jorg)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Opponents wanted >> Novice seeking opponent for small scenario (scenario 4) Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI