Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Closed now

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Opponents wanted >> Closed now Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Closed now - 1/24/2008 3:14:37 PM   
Elladan

I wonder if there is an AFB insane enough to take the Allied side in RHS EEO? If you happen to be one let me know as I'd like to play a long test game of this scenario.

< Message edited by Elladan -- 1/26/2008 4:48:58 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Mad Allied fanboy looked for - 1/24/2008 5:30:29 PM   
goodboyladdie

It might be worth waiting for Cid to finish his merchant shipping review and fully evaluate whether the big DP main batteries on warships throw the AAA model off.

Art by the amazing Dixie

(in reply to Elladan)
Post #: 2
RE: Mad Allied fanboy looked for - 1/24/2008 5:39:31 PM   
Elladan

That's for sure, but it's worth to start looking for an opponent now. Even if someone shows on today the sheer amount of planning required for turn 1 will almost guarantee this game will not start before Sid makes his new version. One of the reasons for this game is to nail down any fundamental design problems in RHS and back them up with hard, long-time data, so Sid won't be able to reject them immediately :)

(in reply to goodboyladdie)
Post #: 3
RE: Mad Allied fanboy looked for - 1/24/2008 5:46:11 PM   
goodboyladdie

quote:

ORIGINAL: Elladan

That's for sure, but it's worth to start looking for an opponent now. Even if someone shows on today the sheer amount of planning required for turn 1 will almost guarantee this game will not start before Sid makes his new version. One of the reasons for this game is to nail down any fundamental design problems in RHS and back them up with hard, long-time data, so Sid won't be able to reject them immediately :)

Good luck with that! Mike and I are planning a new game. He is trying to covince me to try EEO or Empires Ablaze, but I will have to look into them to see if I could handle the pain. A standard or slightly tweaked EOS would be my preference, but I will definitely be on the receiving end whichever one we go with...

In order to assist your potential opponents could you summarise EEO for the unitinitiated?

Art by the amazing Dixie

(in reply to Elladan)
Post #: 4
RE: Mad Allied fanboy looked for - 1/24/2008 6:21:03 PM   
Mistmatz

Ah, another RHS game upcoming. Good luck for your opponent search and hopefully an enjoyable game.

But remember folks its CVO that should be closer to reality in the long run, so dont cry if the allies get hammered.

(in reply to Elladan)
Post #: 5
RE: Mad Allied fanboy looked for - 1/24/2008 6:28:53 PM   
Elladan

Well, I actually plan to not bite too much and instead focus on the defense of the Co-Prosperity Sphere. That coupled with somewhat realistic and non-gamey play should make this game quite interesting. I'm not sure through the Allies can force it all the way up to Tokyo in this mod, that's why I'm looking for an insane AFB

(in reply to Mistmatz)
Post #: 6
RE: Mad Allied fanboy looked for - 1/24/2008 8:52:01 PM   
Elladan

from: http://www.rhs.akdreemer.com/rhs_levels_and_scenarios.htm

EOS FAMILY:

RHSEOS: This is the Empire of the Sun - or Japan Enhanced Scenario. Japan forms a joint planning committee on mobilization in July 1941. This committee is modeled on the real one that planned the invasion of Malaya. It is allowed that JAAF and JNAF share aircraft on a more rational basis, and that service cooperation in general is more rational. The IJA does NOT build aircraft carriers or submarines for example. The steel, engines (and slots) for them are used for Navy ships (the carriers tend to appear as tankers). More ships are built in CVL form vice CVS form. Some German aircraft which were licensed are produced (notably a version of the Me-109 - and now we will add the Ju-88 - both of which had Allied code names - but neither of which served in units in Japan IRL). A radical difference is this scenario assumes Admiral Yamamoto was able to get IJA support for his vision of an invasion of Hawaii - and so the game starts not only with a stronger Japanese force - but a stronger Japanese strategy that wholly changes the focus of operations - making the conquest of the SRA far easier. Like RHSPPO, both sides get lots of political points - and many units start assigned to home commands. Needless to say, this is a Soviet ACTIVE scenario. The Allies do respond to this greater threat in several ways: more planes go to PTO - more CL appear as CVL - big ships like Midways appear sooner as smaller ships (Essex) - or Alaska's appear as CAs - etc.

RHSEEO: This is the Evil Empire Option. Japan decided to do what the Allies thought/assumed she did IRL - plan for war long term. There is a rationale for this - going back to 1937 - and because of the planning - Japan can do things somewhat better (although it cannot have any more steel, hp in engines, etc, it can cast them in different forms). This is being worked up at this time - and is out in a beta form for comments. It is RHSEOS with a still stronger Japan. There are some Allied reactions to that - particularly in terms of aircraft sent to PTO.

(in reply to Elladan)
Post #: 7
RE: Mad Allied fanboy looked for - 1/25/2008 12:52:41 AM   
madgamer2

Thanks for the explaining the way this thing works. I as a player of this game and many others do not really want to spend time playing a What if kind of games. I like this game because you can take the historical situations and try different things.
There are many places in history where something different could have happened or been done. The fact that things happened the way they did is much more important to me. I spend a lot of time in playing this game and it is the historical situations I like the best.
I agree that if the Army and Navy in Japan could have worked together it would have been much better for them and worse for the allies. I think that this just would not have happened but for some it is interesting to say but What If,,,,,

Madgamer

(in reply to Elladan)
Post #: 8
RE: Mad Allied fanboy looked for - 1/25/2008 8:31:18 PM   
ny59giants

Insanity can be described as doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results. 

I am down to 1 PBEM game (CHS 158c - Nik Mod) in late 11/42. However, I have thrown my name into the Carrier Force Beta Tester, and if that doesn't pan out, may give this a go, if you haven't found someone else. Besides HR, what are your intentions game lenght wise??  Play to the bitter end or only until AE comes out??

(in reply to madgamer2)
Post #: 9
RE: Mad Allied fanboy looked for - 1/26/2008 8:20:29 PM   
matt.buttsworth

hello

(in reply to ny59giants)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Opponents wanted >> Closed now Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI