Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Japanese paratroop planes

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Japanese paratroop planes Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Japanese paratroop planes - 1/30/2008 2:35:11 PM   
m10bob

Nakajima Ki 34

Attachment (1)

Post #: 1
RE: Japanese paratroop planes - 1/30/2008 6:30:06 PM   
BrucePowers

They are uglier than that B19 Bob

(in reply to m10bob)
Post #: 2
RE: Japanese paratroop planes - 1/30/2008 6:54:37 PM   
Ursa MAior

Is not it the L1N1 Thora? Or is ti the same situation like with C5M babs and the other identical plane with Army Marking (Ki-15)?

No the B-19 is uglier. Although it is not a nice plane either.

Art by the amazing Dixie

(in reply to BrucePowers)
Post #: 3
RE: Japanese paratroop planes - 1/30/2008 8:12:44 PM   
panda124c

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ursa MAior

Is not it the L1N1 Thora? Or is ti the same situation like with C5M babs and the other identical plane with Army Marking (Ki-15)?

No the B-19 is uglier. Although it is not a nice plane either.

Thirty-two AT-2s were produced for Imperial Japanese Airways (Dai Nippon Koku KK) and Manchukuo National Airways.[1]

Redesignated Ki-34 and fitted with more powerful Kotobuki 41 engines, the type was adopted by the Army in 1937. At a later date, some of the Army machines were transferred to the Navy. These received the new designation L1N1.

(in reply to Ursa MAior)
Post #: 4
RE: Japanese paratroop planes - 1/30/2008 9:19:03 PM   
m10bob

You guys and the B 19!!

(in reply to panda124c)
Post #: 5
RE: Japanese paratroop planes - 1/31/2008 2:28:53 AM   
jcjordan

Hey I like the B19 myself, wish it would've been developed more! Imagine taking off from the west coast or Alaska to bomb Japan from 42 or 43??? I finally found a planeside I could do some art from for it as I thought about putting it in limited #s into a scenario just didn't know to use it as a bomber or as it ended up, a transport

(in reply to m10bob)
Post #: 6
RE: Japanese paratroop planes - 1/31/2008 5:34:42 AM   
bradfordkay

C'mon guys, the B-19 is the J-Lo of the bomber world... how can you dislike that??!!

fair winds,
Brad

(in reply to jcjordan)
Post #: 7
RE: Japanese paratroop planes - 1/31/2008 11:17:17 AM   
m10bob

The WINGS channel sometimes shows the special on the B 29. In the background of a few of the shots, you can see the B 19 sitting just off the runway, and the film explains how research on the B 19 led much to the B 29.
Considering the Douglas firm funded all of the B 19, and not the taxpayers, it was pretty courageous for Douglas to make the attempt.

No "$150 toilet seats" in those days.

(in reply to bradfordkay)
Post #: 8
RE: Japanese paratroop planes - 1/31/2008 11:22:42 AM   
Ursa MAior

quote:

You guys and the B 19!!

It was you who started.

Until I saw your sig I did not know about the B-19.

Well the X-wing and the Corsair are real beauties. Dang I forgot they are the same (see ki-34 L1N1)

< Message edited by Ursa MAior -- 1/31/2008 11:24:26 AM >

Art by the amazing Dixie

(in reply to m10bob)
Post #: 9
RE: Japanese paratroop planes - 1/31/2008 2:42:52 PM   
BrucePowers

quote:

ORIGINAL: m10bob

The WINGS channel sometimes shows the special on the B 29. In the background of a few of the shots, you can see the B 19 sitting just off the runway, and the film explains how research on the B 19 led much to the B 29.
Considering the Douglas firm funded all of the B 19, and not the taxpayers, it was pretty courageous for Douglas to make the attempt.

I can't dispute you there. It's just personal asthetics

(in reply to m10bob)
Post #: 10
RE: Japanese paratroop planes - 1/31/2008 3:03:17 PM   
USSAmerica

quote:

ORIGINAL: bradfordkay

C'mon guys, the B-19 is the J-Lo of the bomber world... how can you dislike that??!!

I'm sure I would really enjoy a few test flights, but I don't know about full production mode.

Mike

"Good times will set you free" - Jimmy Buffett

"They need more rum punch" - Me

Artwork by The Amazing Dixie

(in reply to bradfordkay)
Post #: 11
RE: Japanese paratroop planes - 1/31/2008 4:29:46 PM   
AW1Steve

quote:

ORIGINAL: BrucePowers

quote:

In fairness to the $600 toliet seats , (As it resided on an aircraft that I used to ride in-the P-3) , imagine a toliet seat that Included the the walls , the toliet itself and even the floor that it's mounted on? More of a $600 porta-potty. Although I don't know what a porta-potty sells for , $600 sounds pretty good. Unless youre a mouth Senator trying to look good by smearing the US military.

But I agree Douglas was being daring. The last company to try that was Northrop with the F-20 Tigershark. Like Douglas , they got shafted for their attemp.

(in reply to BrucePowers)
Post #: 12
RE: Japanese paratroop planes - 1/31/2008 5:05:21 PM   
rtrapasso

i've read (although i have no way of knowing if it is true) that the outrageous numbers quoted in things like $600 toilet seats resulted from an accounting "shortcut" - that some sort of "flat fee" was tacked onto everything to account for procurement, storage, etc (perhaps it was weight based)... this fee was based on EVERYTHING that the US military has... so the cost for storage, etc. was divided up willy-nilly... note that this would include amortized cost of all bases.

So, the $600 for the toilet seat would include storage - i.e.: part of the warehouse, base costs, etc.

Has anyone else read this??

(in reply to AW1Steve)
Post #: 13
RE: Japanese paratroop planes - 1/31/2008 6:12:51 PM   
herwin

quote:

ORIGINAL: AW1Steve

quote:

ORIGINAL: BrucePowers

quote:

In fairness to the $600 toliet seats , (As it resided on an aircraft that I used to ride in-the P-3) , imagine a toliet seat that Included the the walls , the toliet itself and even the floor that it's mounted on? More of a $600 porta-potty. Although I don't know what a porta-potty sells for , $600 sounds pretty good. Unless youre a mouth Senator trying to look good by smearing the US military.

But I agree Douglas was being daring. The last company to try that was Northrop with the F-20 Tigershark. Like Douglas , they got shafted for their attemp.

Also, the porta-potty needs to survive manoeuvres of up to three Gs without spilling...

Harry Erwin
"For a number to make sense in the game, someone has to calibrate it and program code. There are too many significant numbers that behave non-linearly to expect that. It's just a game. Enjoy it." herwin@btinternet.com

(in reply to AW1Steve)
Post #: 14
RE: Japanese paratroop planes - 1/31/2008 7:57:58 PM   
Ursa MAior

quote:

ORIGINAL: rtrapasso

i've read (although i have no way of knowing if it is true) that the outrageous numbers quoted in things like $600 toilet seats resulted from an accounting "shortcut" - that some sort of "flat fee" was tacked onto everything to account for procurement, storage, etc (perhaps it was weight based)... this fee was based on EVERYTHING that the US military has... so the cost for storage, etc. was divided up willy-nilly... note that this would include amortized cost of all bases.

So, the $600 for the toilet seat would include storage - i.e.: part of the warehouse, base costs, etc.

Has anyone else read this??

IIRC it was not only toilet seats, but 200 $ screwdrivers etc.

Since I am a complete outsider it can be true, but it is really hard to comprehend the fact that a F-22 Raptor costs more than its own weight in gold. Talk about high tech.

Art by the amazing Dixie

(in reply to rtrapasso)
Post #: 15
RE: Japanese paratroop planes - 1/31/2008 8:29:08 PM   
panda124c

Paper work, paper work every thing else is insignificant against the paper work.

(in reply to rtrapasso)
Post #: 16
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Japanese paratroop planes Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI