Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

New to CC: MT.

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat: Modern Tactics >> New to CC: MT. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
New to CC: MT. - 1/31/2008 11:00:12 PM   
Lutjekabal

Im wondering, since there are no campagins, why is it you can choose any unit you want to add to your force on a map? Nothing hinders my from using 70% tanks, why should I even bother to use a more lightly armored tank? And whats the idea with the 1 man squad like "Designated Maksman"?

Im used to play CC5, but this seems to be a nice game, I just dont really get the balance system in it.
Post #: 1
RE: New to CC: MT. - 2/1/2008 3:22:13 AM   
Andrew Williams

Challenge your self.

take the marksman... give OpFor 15 teams.

If you want a walkover take 15 tanks.

(in reply to Lutjekabal)
Post #: 2
RE: New to CC: MT. - 2/1/2008 1:39:40 PM   
Lutjekabal

Well ok, but how does this all balance out when you are choosing force pools in multiplayer games?
I mean, couldnt there be a point based system for units (ala Warhammer style) which you could enable/disable before setting up the game, like on the screen where you choose side)?
And the army points given to each side on a map would be at the value of the original units in that map, plus some more "army points" if map designer choosed so.

< Message edited by Lutjekabal -- 2/1/2008 1:50:53 PM >

(in reply to Andrew Williams)
Post #: 3
RE: New to CC: MT. - 2/1/2008 3:00:17 PM   
Perturabo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lutjekabal
Im used to play CC5, but this seems to be a nice game, I just dont really get the balance system in it.

That's because (sadly) there isn't one. The only way to balance it is to make a scenario with fixed forcepools.

People shouldn't ask themselves why schools get shoot up.
They should ask themselves why people who finish schools burned out due to mobbing aren't receiving high enough compensations to not seek vengeance.

(in reply to Lutjekabal)
Post #: 4
RE: New to CC: MT. - 2/1/2008 7:55:15 PM   
Lutjekabal

quote:

ORIGINAL: Perturabo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lutjekabal

That's because (sadly) there isn't one. The only way to balance it is to make a scenario with fixed forcepools.

Then im sure a point system as I mentioned would be a good initiation for making the game more open to players looking for a good time.

(in reply to Perturabo)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat: Modern Tactics >> New to CC: MT. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI