Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Multiplayer freeze midway through game

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Discontinued Games] >> Reach For The Stars >> Multiplayer freeze midway through game Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Multiplayer freeze midway through game - 12/21/2006 1:50:44 PM   
schlarper

I am playing RFTS using the IPX connection over our LAN. The game works fine until we reach a certain turn and the game freezes. The cursor changes to a picture of a computer with a spot circling around it and thats it. We have reloaded the game back a few turns, and played it again but it freezes on the same turn.

Using a different host, again the game works fine for a number of turns and then it falls over again in the same manner.

We have tried a number of different RFTS games, and they all do this. The only thing different is the turn number that each game freezes on. But each game freezes on the same turn when we load a previously saved turn.

I dont have any idea what is wrong, as the PC's see each other at the beginning until the freeze. I have noticed that it seems to happen when I have finished researching an era ( although that could be sour grapes on my behalf :(

I have the original 2000 game with the universal patch and the 140C and 1.41 patches on both machines. We use XP.

Any ideas on this one?
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Discontinued Games] >> Reach For The Stars >> Multiplayer freeze midway through game Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI