Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Does anyone want to playtest a stupid BIG scenario??

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Does anyone want to playtest a stupid BIG scenario?? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Does anyone want to playtest a stupid BIG scenario?? - 9/15/2000 1:51:00 AM   
Tombstone

I'm at an alpha state of a really big scenario modelling the 3rd SS Panzergrenadier division's assault into the Kursk salient. I've only been able to get through about 10 turns of it so far myself, and I would feel uncomfortable releasing it until it had at least 5 or 6 play-throughs and then a few more after its beta state. It's a straight up assault scenario into fortified positions. (Infantry in fortified hexes are a bitch.) I would rate it's challenge level at HIGH. Any takers?? Please?? Tomo

Post #: 1
- 9/15/2000 2:24:00 AM   
Warhorse

quote:

Originally posted by Tombstone: I'm at an alpha state of a really big scenario modelling the 3rd SS Panzergrenadier division's assault into the Kursk salient. I've only been able to get through about 10 turns of it so far myself, and I would feel uncomfortable releasing it until it had at least 5 or 6 play-throughs and then a few more after its beta state. It's a straight up assault scenario into fortified positions. (Infantry in fortified hexes are a bitch.) I would rate it's challenge level at HIGH. Any takers?? Please?? Tomo
Oooh, oooh I will!! Say, if I play yours, will you test mine??!!;-) My Hun/Rum scenario in '44 needs testing, Tankhead is testing it too, but, never can test enough!! If you can't, that's cool too, send the files to me at either dasreich@attglobal.net, or mikea@matrixgames.com, thanx man! ------------------ Mike Amos Meine Ehre Heisst Treue

Mike Amos

Meine Ehre heißt Treue
www.cslegion.com

(in reply to Tombstone)
Post #: 2
- 9/15/2000 2:47:00 AM   
Schrullenhaft

I always like to check out other gamer's historical scenarios. Though I'm a pathetic commander and my observational skills/feedback may not be all that great either. Please send it to ian_straw@hotmail.com or if that ends up problematic ians@provo.lib.ut.us. Thanks

(in reply to Tombstone)
Post #: 3
- 9/15/2000 3:26:00 AM   
Iron Cross

Tombstone: Lay that scenario on me!!!! That is my favorite time period, favorite theater and favorite units!!! (SS on the Eastern Front). I would be glad to play that scenario till I run it into the ground!! I will playtest any of your scenarios having to do with Eastern Front combat. Send the scenario to either intel@foreignthreat.com or USMC0202@mindspring.com - I'll let you know what I think!!

Col David A. Davenport (USMCR)
MSSI - 0202/0210
JFCOM - JTC (Intel/Counter-Intel)

(in reply to Tombstone)
Post #: 4
- 9/15/2000 4:07:00 AM   
Red Baron

Hi Tombstone.. I´m ready to give it a go too!!Eastern Front is simply the best! Maybe you would like to test my first WAW Scen. (Used to make SP3´s) It´s 18th Panzer Div. spearhead attack on Borissov, east of the Minsk salient Jul. 41´? It´s almost ready for Alpha Testing?? Regards..Michael michaelnils@yahoo.dk ------------------ "SEMPER PARATUS" An Old Hawk Soldier Is Allways Ready!!

(in reply to Tombstone)
Post #: 5
- 9/15/2000 4:17:00 AM   
Iron Cross

Red Baron: Lay your scenario on me!!! I can't get enough Eastern Front Scenarios for SPWAW. Send it to intel@foreignthreat.com or USMC0202@mindspring.com and I will send you a detailed summary!! Iron Cross

Col David A. Davenport (USMCR)
MSSI - 0202/0210
JFCOM - JTC (Intel/Counter-Intel)

(in reply to Tombstone)
Post #: 6
- 9/15/2000 4:38:00 AM   
Tombstone

Gotta love it when you get a response. I'm also in the process of retooling my "Lipovyi Donetz 1" and "Lipovyi Donetz 2" scenarios that involve more of SST's flank guard role in the 2nd SS Panzer Corps advance. As well as "Krasnyi Oktabir" where SST takes hill 226.6 and the one I originally made that goes freom 226.6 to try and cut the Oboian-Prokhorovka road called "North of the Psel" I'm hoping to put a bunch of smaller scenarios in-between these to model reconassance and whatever I can think of to make a campaign out of the whole lot... Good luck to me. I'll need it. If I can get a crew of testers that would be ideal so if you're interested in testing these as a inter-related group of scenarios that would make my day... and I'll keep you informed on the progress of development. Tomo

(in reply to Tombstone)
Post #: 7
- 9/15/2000 4:43:00 AM   
KGzim

Hello; I would like to try this scenario out. I have "T" OoB for this time period and am doing research myself on this unit. I am designing "T" attack across the Psel river on 11/12 July. KG Zim

(in reply to Tombstone)
Post #: 8
- 9/15/2000 6:58:00 AM   
dox44

If I can get a crew of testers i would like to test it if you still need someone... rcasebier@ectisp.net

(in reply to Tombstone)
Post #: 9
- 9/15/2000 7:24:00 AM   
Tombstone

The only limit to the number of game testers is theoretical. If ALL players became testers than the process would break itself based on its intended goal of making sure the scenario is in good order before the audience for the game is presented with it. I'll send you the files right now. Tomo

(in reply to Tombstone)
Post #: 10
- 9/19/2000 5:48:00 AM   
Red Baron

quote:

Originally posted by Tombstone: I'm at an alpha state of a really big scenario modelling the 3rd SS Panzergrenadier division's assault into the Kursk salient. I've only been able to get through about 10 turns of it so far myself, and I would feel uncomfortable releasing it until it had at least 5 or 6 play-throughs and then a few more after its beta state. It's a straight up assault scenario into fortified positions. (Infantry in fortified hexes are a bitch.) I would rate it's challenge level at HIGH. Any takers?? Please?? Tomo
Hi Tomo.. I´v tried to play the Scen. a couple of times, but is has froze up on me every time Regards..Red Baron. ------------------ "SEMPER PARATUS" An Old Hawk Soldier Is Allways Ready!!

(in reply to Tombstone)
Post #: 11
- 9/20/2000 9:56:00 AM   
Tombstone

Are you playing with v4.0??? Tomo

(in reply to Tombstone)
Post #: 12
- 9/20/2000 10:20:00 AM   
Tank

Sure I'm up for a bit of Alpha/Beta. Send it on my way. I can't guarantee that I have the insight of most of the guys here, but I'll do my best. Regards, Tank P.S. I wouldn't mind testing it online, assuming everything works right. We can work out the time and stuff.

(in reply to Tombstone)
Post #: 13
- 9/20/2000 12:33:00 PM   
Red Baron

quote:

Originally posted by Tombstone: Are you playing with v4.0??? Tomo
Yes,and i have tried 3 times now with same result, must be my hardware..Most look in to it. Will reply when i have... Regards..Red Baron. ------------------ "SEMPER PARATUS" An Old Hawk Soldier Is Allways Ready!!

(in reply to Tombstone)
Post #: 14
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Does anyone want to playtest a stupid BIG scenario?? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI