Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Exception Processing Error

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Harpoon 3 - Advanced Naval Warfare >> Harpoon 3 ANW Support >> Exception Processing Error Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Exception Processing Error - 2/15/2008 12:18:12 AM   
TimOusley

Due to a hard drive problem, I needed to re-load my H3 installs (v. 3.7 and 3.8 upgrade) and then I added v. 3.9. Somewhere along the line I started experiencing this: When I try to manually load a file, or when I go to Scen Editor where you load a file rather than select a scenario, I get a Windows pop-up error message box, one of those with the big red circle with an X in it. On the blue stripe at the top of the box it says "Windows-No Disk", then the box says "Exception Processing Message c0000013 Parameters 75b6bf9c 4 75b6bf9c 75b6bf9c". The parameter numbers are the same each time this happens. Under this line there are 3 boxes:'Cancel', 'Try Again', and 'Continue'. If I hit the 'Continue' box 4 times, the box goes away and I can go ahead and select my file as usual. This isn't a killer, just a consistent reminder from my computer that it can screw with me whenever it wants to.
Anyone seen this before, or maybe one of the coder guys know what message c0000013 is? In searching the forum, I see a guy had the same exact message in War Plan Orange: Dreadnoughts in the Pacific 1922 - 1930, but no solutions were offered.
Thanks for any help,
Tim O.

< Message edited by TimOusley -- 2/15/2008 12:30:27 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Exception Processing Error - 2/15/2008 1:41:53 AM   
Bucks

Tim,

I've had an issue like this at various times over the last 18 months. It seems to come and go and is often found here when you do as you described and reinstall for whatever reason. I get a simple error telling me there's no disc in my DVD drive. I just click continue and select the scen I want. I haven't received any of the exception errors you've reported. I do however get the "Windows-No Disk" popup, and the 3 boxes:'Cancel', 'Retry', and 'Continue' under the no disc message.

I tried a couple of things, like placing a CD/DVD in my drive and simply having it sit there it can often make that issue disappear. I've had other reports and since it's never been fatal here and seems to be related to something looking for whatever disc, possibly the Harpoon disc in your drive?

I can remember that with Harpoon 2 there was a case like this with "Recon.exe" a configuration manager included with the game. Whenever I ran it without a floppy in the A:\ drive, the exe would fail to load at all... This isn't that bad and I've also found a reboot with a disc in your CD/DVD drive can cure the issue. All the solutions are hit and miss, I'll see if Russell has time to take a look and see if we can't find a more proper solution to the annoyance.

Cheers

Darren

Editor HUD-II/HUD3 Harpoon Databases

http://www.taitennek.com/hud3-db/hud3-index.htm

Development Team H3ANW v3.8, v3.9, v3.10 & v3.10.1

(in reply to TimOusley)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Harpoon 3 - Advanced Naval Warfare >> Harpoon 3 ANW Support >> Exception Processing Error Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI