Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

On Minefileds

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> Scenario Design >> On Minefileds Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
On Minefileds - 12/23/2008 9:53:20 PM   
LAntorcha

Hi.
Wanted to discuss uppon this matter.

How do you simulate the minefields? If you do, indeed.
Thinking of the huge quantity of mines deployed since WWI, I believe that those are in fact a important matter to portrait (not a must-have, but it gives colour).

I've thought about Zone Exclusion, Contamined Icon, Pestilence etc. but none rendered a satisfying solution. Nor Event-related solutions involving retreating units uppon entering.

I think a minefield should remain hidden until spotted by recon %, hamper movement (and most difficult of all) make some damage if ignored. Then should be removed by pioneer? teams.

Could make a unit that represents it, but... frustration, frustration and pain...

I would like to portrait them, as long with barbed wire, but until now got nothing smart on hand... (WWI and II maps would benefit from those two items).

Or do you think, on the contrary, that they are not a threat at Operational level, and not worthy to be implemented?

Thinking about WWI trench warfare, the Atlantic Wall, the Desert Campaing, those mine-plagued African nations, etc...

About Land Mines

"When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
- Tuco Benedicto Pacifico Juan Maria Ramirez
Post #: 1
RE: On Minefileds - 12/24/2008 12:05:31 AM   
ColinWright

quote:

ORIGINAL: LAntorcha

Hi.
Wanted to discuss uppon this matter.

How do you simulate the minefields? If you do, indeed.
Thinking of the huge quantity of mines deployed since WWI, I believe that those are in fact a important matter to portrait (not a must-have, but it gives colour).

I've thought about Zone Exclusion, Contamined Icon, Pestilence etc. but none rendered a satisfying solution. Nor Event-related solutions involving retreating units uppon entering.

I think a minefield should remain hidden until spotted by recon %, hamper movement (and most difficult of all) make some damage if ignored. Then should be removed by pioneer? teams.

Could make a unit that represents it, but... frustration, frustration and pain...

I would like to portrait them, as long with barbed wire, but until now got nothing smart on hand... (WWI and II maps would benefit from those two items).

Or do you think, on the contrary, that they are not a threat at Operational level, and not worthy to be implemented?

Thinking about WWI trench warfare, the Atlantic Wall, the Desert Campaing, those mine-plagued African nations, etc...

About Land Mines

Well, minefields are more or less an entrenchment effect. You dig in more, you usually start putting in mines -- and without troops behind them, minefields aren't of decidedly limited effectiveness.

You COULD use the Bioeditor to create some 'fixed' equipment that units would recover if they sat in one place for long enough and would lose if they moved away. This could get you an enhanced effect if the normal fortified status seemed insufficent. 'Fixed' machine guns, 'fixed' AT guns, etc.

I am not Charlie Hebdo

(in reply to LAntorcha)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> Scenario Design >> On Minefileds Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI