Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Original Waterloo Game

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> John Tiller's Battleground Series >> Battleground Series Support >> Original Waterloo Game Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Original Waterloo Game - 2/17/2008 1:28:27 AM   
warspite1

I bought the original Waterloo game way back in 1996(?) and which contained the following two problems:

1. Light units that were detached from the "parent unit" and disrupted and or fatigued, could go back to the parent and immediately be repaired (provided the parent was not disrupted for example).

2. If your opponent had the maximum units in a stack (I seem to recall it was 8 units), when firing at them, you could only see the first 6 and so your opponent could place a unit he did not want shot at at the bottom of the stack.

Have these problems been sorted in the new versions?
Post #: 1
RE: Original Waterloo Game - 2/17/2008 2:22:32 PM   
Plainian

The first problem is fixed. I played the original Talonsoft games many years ago and skirmishers did not behave like this?

Best place to go is http://www.wargame.ch/wc/nwc/Napann1.htm You should get all your answers at the Rhine Tavern.

Or check some of the links they have. http://www.hist-sdc.com/articles/nap1.html contains an article on game play which specifically mentions that the problem with skirmishers was fixed in vers 1.1.

I'd imagine that the other problem was fixed as well, its been a while since I played.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> John Tiller's Battleground Series >> Battleground Series Support >> Original Waterloo Game Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI