Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

CRTDLL.dll error

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865 >> Forge of Freedom - Support >> CRTDLL.dll error Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
CRTDLL.dll error - 3/14/2008 3:43:50 AM   
jdguil

I just downloaded and installed Forge of Freedom. When I try to start the game I get the message 'Application has failed to start because CRTDLL.dll was not found.'

I sent an email to tech support, but thought I'ld try the forum in hope I could get some ideas tonight. Everything else (such as the game manual) works fine. But the game just will not start.

Does anyone know what CRTDLL.dll is? A video file? A sound file? a game file?

Thanks for any help you can give.

Jim
Post #: 1
RE: CRTDLL.dll error - 3/14/2008 7:35:29 AM   
Gil R.

I'm not one of the tech guys, but a Google search of "CRTDLL.dll" indicates that this is a Microsoft file, not a FOF file. While waiting for Eric or someone else to see this post you might want to post something in the part of the forum devoted to tech advice from gamers for gamers (near the top of the main forum, near "General Discussion").

(in reply to jdguil)
Post #: 2
RE: CRTDLL.dll error - 3/14/2008 6:03:48 PM   
Greg Wilcox

I did some checking too. It's "a module contining standard C library functions such as printf, memcpy, and cos." Looks like it's farely important for the PC. You can dowonload it by doing a Google search.
I found a link to downloading it here http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-files.shtml?crtdll and scrolling down to where it says "Click here to go to the download of crtdll.dll".

-Greg

< Message edited by Greg Wilcox -- 3/14/2008 6:05:26 PM >

Greg Wilcox
Production Assistant

(in reply to jdguil)
Post #: 3
RE: CRTDLL.dll error - 3/14/2008 8:02:21 PM   
jdguil

Thanks for the help. After Gil's post I did a google search and found several sites where i could download this type of file. But I'm going to wait until I hear back from the Matrix support staff before downloading anything from a randomly chosen site.
Your comments did help though, since I now know roughly what kind of file I have to deal with.

Thanks,
Jim

(in reply to Greg Wilcox)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865 >> Forge of Freedom - Support >> CRTDLL.dll error Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI