Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

WBTS Campaign Crackaces vs R99z28

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Gary Grigsby's War Between the States >> After Action Reports >> WBTS Campaign Crackaces vs R99z28 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
WBTS Campaign Crackaces vs R99z28 - 4/30/2017 5:18:23 PM   
Crackaces

I have played this game solo vs the AI 10 times as the North. It was a steep learning curve. There is much detail in this game. Now I play the South.

To be clear, I have no expectations of a simulation that gives me the opportunity to rewrite history. WBTS is a game --- a very well thought out game with a combination of skill/strategy/luck with interaction.
WBTS resembles a simulation as much as a civil war chess set with grant and lee as queens simulates the Battle of Cold Harbor. I have commented in another thread historical things that could be done that cannot in the game.

That said ,, WBTS is FUN! cluttering up the fun part trying to overlay a preconceived notion of the real civil war I think ruins the experience .. So .. we begin.

I will post screen shots later as the game has opened as per the standard Union openings that seize West Virginia and Missouri in one turn ...

One thing .. The North decided to do Bull Run they lost 4K to 700 Rebels .. ouch .. But The victory was only a minor Southern Victory so for a little sacrifice of the untrained the North saves 5PP (Typically 5PP to move toward Richmond .. and lose 10PP for the major loss)
Post #: 1
RE: WBTS Campaign Crackaces vs R99z28 - 4/30/2017 9:31:32 PM   
Crackaces

Sept 61:

The Yankees take Ft Jackson! I left fort Jackson undefended thinking militia will spawn .. nope .. This means my New Orleans position is turned.

The Rebels attack Springfield .. and overrun the position....

In other news .. The Rebels take the initiative and strike into Kentucky! In Sept that is 40PP's but balanced with the PP's from the offensive.
However .. Kentucky goes Union .. which means the entire state has to be occupied to get supplies .. you roil the dice and sometime .. craps! or seven!

One other note .. Twiggs died .. Johnson resigned .. leaving me with no 2 stars to promote unless I used a presidential promotion .. but some good news .. Braxton Bragg made 2 stars at the end of the turn ..he will be the next army commander

Maps coming soon .. I am having trouble with my screen shot editor ..

"What gets us into trouble is not what we don't know. It's what we know for sure that just ain't so"

(in reply to Crackaces)
Post #: 2
RE: WBTS Campaign Crackaces vs R99z28 - 5/3/2017 12:44:11 AM   
Bo Rearguard

Good luck in your secessionist endeavor.

Are you planning on building any new factories? A bit of an investment to begin with, but they sure can come in handy for producing supplies domestically as the Union blockade tightens.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this dist ...." Union General John Sedgwick, 1864

(in reply to Crackaces)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Gary Grigsby's War Between the States >> After Action Reports >> WBTS Campaign Crackaces vs R99z28 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI