Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Starvation?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War I] >> Guns of August 1914 - 1918 >> Starvation? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Starvation? - 3/19/2008 12:59:55 AM   
wargamer123

Just how long does it take for a nation to Starve? -3 food against Russians on two seperate occassions but for years they are still Strong
Post #: 1
RE: Starvation? - 3/19/2008 1:02:24 AM   
wargamer123

Also in another game I had them -3 -4 for up to 3 years but they never Surrendered and never even achieved Wavering or Weak..

Though if Germany or Austria seems to degrade much faster

Perhaps this is because of other reasons?

(in reply to wargamer123)
Post #: 2
RE: Starvation? - 3/19/2008 8:28:58 AM   
FrankHunter

At the end of the turn where Russia had a -3 they must have had some positives happening too or their morale would certainly have declined.

If you're not sure this is the case by all means send me the AutosaveRetreat file and I'll let you know what the situation is. (Assuming that's not a PBEM game)

Post #: 3
RE: Starvation? - 3/20/2008 9:27:01 PM   
boogada

I have a quiet front in Russia, but Russia is starving....

Post #: 4
RE: Starvation? - 3/21/2008 2:36:36 AM   
wargamer123

This game is PBEM.

boogada, Germany is short once her stockpiles are empty. -1, Prussia is also very easily overrun and that can mean -3 quickly!

AH's Food as well Russia's are easily overrun too with minimal offensive expenditure. I think 90% of successful strategies will target Food not resources or Cities unless they're Capitols

This is a bit tricky to manage, -2 for Germany -1 for AH if West First. -3 or -4 for Russia if East first. So it's all about starvation

Although in a few instances when one side is EXTREMELY successful on the ground I have seen the food portion negated. Though Russia can never feed itself if the CP is at all competent and The CP will most assuredly starve into submission unless it is very crafty...

Trade just doesn't do it! and Even Minor Conquest is just barely making ends meat. The portion of GOA that is hard to keep up with is that if you lose Half of your cities your still feeding the other starving half... It would be nice if you got a little break for giving up territory, might create some unique strategies also? Just an Idea

Thanks Frank for commenting

(in reply to boogada)
Post #: 5
RE: Starvation? - 3/31/2008 6:40:05 AM   
jomni

quote:

ORIGINAL: wargamer123

The portion of GOA that is hard to keep up with is that if you lose Half of your cities your still feeding the other starving half... It would be nice if you got a little break for giving up territory, might create some unique strategies also? Just an Idea

Well a counter argument is that most population will become refugees and flee to friendly cities as long as they are not conquered.

Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War I] >> Guns of August 1914 - 1918 >> Starvation? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI