Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Awesome game !

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War I] >> Guns of August 1914 - 1918 >> Awesome game ! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Awesome game ! - 3/18/2008 11:15:33 PM   
DragonSociety

Hi all,
After a few tries, I've just play from 1914 to 1919 with the CP. I've managed to knock out of the war France and Italy but now the AH has surrendered too... while Bulgaria, Serbia and OE are still out there fighting!
I've discovered much depth to this wonderful game but yet I feel I'm still not mastering everything in the game
Now my question, I wonder what is the usefulness of disbanding corps? Is there any? If yes, what are they? Sending back manpower and arms to the pool so they can be used by higher quality units?

Thanks and keep on improving GOA FrankHunter, it's so challenging for my brain haha
Post #: 1
RE: Awesome game ! - 3/23/2008 1:41:20 AM   
SMK-at-work

You get teh manpower back but only half the equipment - and yes you cxan use it to rebuild better corps.  IIRC you can only disband units that are less than half strength.

Probably the best use of the feature is to disband seriously weakened units when you have a surplus of troops - eg if you still have an army of mainly A and B class troops but some units are down to C or even D due to losses then it might be worth disbanding them.

I don't do it very often.

(in reply to DragonSociety)
Post #: 2
RE: Awesome game ! - 3/23/2008 3:45:51 AM   
wargamer123

Another Point to add here is that if you have a position that will be overrun and you just cannot reinforce it, it MAY be advantageous for you disband a unit that can cause a morale hit, if you read the manual you know what I mean...

ALTHOUGH an A unit or even a B unit for some Nations may be impossible to replace as the war progresses and disbanding these will really hurt... Generally my Germany is out of Manpower but it's rarely out of Arms... but disbanding A units under any circumstance means you are probably near losing

< Message edited by wargamer123 -- 3/23/2008 3:51:11 AM >

(in reply to DragonSociety)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War I] >> Guns of August 1914 - 1918 >> Awesome game ! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI