Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Batlle length

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Batlle length Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Batlle length - 9/27/2000 1:42:00 AM   
Apollyon

Where does it tell you how long the battle is for other than on the purchase screens when it tells you how many hours, or can anyone tell me how many turns equals one hour? Thanks ------------------ And Alexander gazed upon the breadth of his domain. And he wept, for behold, there were no more worlds to conquer.

And Alexander gazed upon the breadth of his domain. And he wept, for behold, there were no more worlds to conquer.
Post #: 1
- 9/27/2000 2:07:00 AM   
Paul Vebber

Hover the mouse pointer over the terrain scene in the upper right hand corner. There is not a strict timeframe per turn - too much chaos on a real battlefield to "tick off seconds" at this scale. A 30 turn game should represent about 1-3 hours of battle (2-6 minutes per turn).

(in reply to Apollyon)
Post #: 2
- 9/27/2000 2:22:00 AM   
Charles22

Paul: Most battles say how many hours it is. This can't stand up to 2-3 minutes per turn, as we are being told that there is something like 1900 hours, which I take to be 19 hours. I realise that this must mean the time of day being 19:00 hours, however, I don't know if I've ever seen the setup display of battle equivicate to what time the upper right corner tells me, once I enter the battle proper.

(in reply to Apollyon)
Post #: 3
- 9/27/2000 3:07:00 AM   
David F. Wall

I believe the reference to something like 1900 hours is the time of day (military 24 hour clock?)

(in reply to Apollyon)
Post #: 4
- 9/27/2000 3:07:00 AM   
Paul Vebber

1900 hours is miltary time for 7 pm - the time of day the battle starts - not how long it lasts. There is no indication other than the turn counter for elapsed time. Some turns can be longer than othere in real time.

(in reply to Apollyon)
Post #: 5
- 9/27/2000 4:11:00 AM   
Charles22

I think I acknowledged that I believed the 1900 to be time of day, but what I don't understand is why it seems to have no connection with the battle proper. If the time says 1900, wouldn't you expect the upper right corner to reflect that for the first turn (though there may be no 'real-time' progression past that)?

(in reply to Apollyon)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Batlle length Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI