Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Confused over 8.403 Stalingrad Campaign

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SP:WaW Scenarios/Campaigns >> Confused over 8.403 Stalingrad Campaign Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Confused over 8.403 Stalingrad Campaign - 3/21/2008 10:19:00 AM   
Hunpecked

Way back in 2004 I was deep in the SPWAW 7.1 version of the Stalingrad Campaign. IIRC I was about to attack the Train Station when Real Life intervened, and I put the game aside.

Well, now I'd like to try the campaign again, but of course all my old files are gone. I installed the latest SPWAW version, patched it to 8.403, and played a few scenarios. Wow, it was like finding a long lost friend!

I then checked out the Stalingrad Campaign and its files, and found some things I don't remember from 7.1. In 8.403, the campaign scenarios take up slots 0 through 25, but the campaign also seems to branch into slots 26, 27, and 28, which have no corresponding files. Also, the Thunderclap battle seems to be missing. I remember looking forward to that one, so I'm pretty disappointed.

So has the campaign been revised since 7.1, or am I missing a download or two, or both?
Post #: 1
RE: Confused over 8.403 Stalingrad Campaign - 3/21/2008 2:39:23 PM   
Alby

The version I edited for Enhanced uses slots 0-25
Dont know what it was like back in 7.1 as I edited the version that came with 8.2
I think there was at least one scenario in there that wasnt actually a battle, but one of those that you can choose which 'direction' or 'battle' you want to fight next.
Like in "Russian steel", where the first 'scenario' is actually just a place to choose what year you want to start in.

< Message edited by Alby -- 3/21/2008 2:40:05 PM >

(in reply to Hunpecked)
Post #: 2
RE: Confused over 8.403 Stalingrad Campaign - 3/21/2008 5:46:39 PM   
FlashfyreSP

Checking the 7.1 game, and all three of those scenarios are in the campaign folder.
In 8.3, those three files are indeed missing. But the "node connects" are still in place, which directs the game to a non-existant battle. This in effect breaks the campaign.

Looks like we will need to add in Enhanced versions of those three scenarios.

(in reply to Alby)
Post #: 3
RE: Confused over 8.403 Stalingrad Campaign - 3/21/2008 6:21:25 PM   
Alby

quote:

ORIGINAL: FlashfyreSP

Checking the 7.1 game, and all three of those scenarios are in the campaign folder.
In 8.3, those three files are indeed missing. But the "node connects" are still in place, which directs the game to a non-existant battle. This in effect breaks the campaign.

Looks like we will need to add in Enhanced versions of those three scenarios.

man, almost 2 years since I edited that for Enhanced...
We have all been asleep at the wheel...

< Message edited by Alby -- 3/21/2008 6:29:30 PM >

(in reply to FlashfyreSP)
Post #: 4
RE: Confused over 8.403 Stalingrad Campaign - 3/21/2008 7:44:50 PM   
Hunpecked

Thanks, guys.  I thought there was something screwy, but I don't have the 7.1 campaign for comparison.

Is there someplace I can download the 7.1 Stalingrad Campaign?  I checked the Arsenal, but the link there is broken.  (That's what I get for waiting three years!) 

(in reply to Alby)
Post #: 5
RE: Confused over 8.403 Stalingrad Campaign - 3/21/2008 9:24:02 PM   
Alby

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hunpecked

Thanks, guys.  I thought there was something screwy, but I don't have the 7.1 campaign for comparison.

Is there someplace I can download the 7.1 Stalingrad Campaign?  I checked the Arsenal, but the link there is broken.  (That's what I get for waiting three years!) 

Kevin is in the process of adding in those missing battles.
then editing for Enhanced Version as well.
hang loose, it will be along soon.

(in reply to Hunpecked)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SP:WaW Scenarios/Campaigns >> Confused over 8.403 Stalingrad Campaign Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI