Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

AI Inf - # men bug??

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> AI Inf - # men bug?? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
AI Inf - # men bug?? - 9/25/2000 10:38:00 PM   
Tommy

Angles of Los Banos SPWAW 4.0 This may be another example of the Reduced Squads bug; As the Americans, I fought off several 23 to 28 man Jap B squads. At the end of the game, I returned to the turn 1 savegame and flipped Japan over to human control so I could review the Japanese setup & forces. There were no squads with more than 18 men! Where did these 28 man mobs come from? I say 28 men because as I killed them, the combat resolution window pops up and says something like "2 casualty, (25)". The (25) keeps counting up until (27) then I get the "SquadName Destroyed" as I get the last guy. Tommy

Post #: 1
- 9/26/2000 12:12:00 AM   
Arralen

quote:

Originally posted by Tommy: Angles of Los Banos SPWAW 4.0 This may be another example of the Reduced Squads bug; As the Americans, I fought off several 23 to 28 man Jap B squads. At the end of the game, I returned to the turn 1 savegame and flipped Japan over to human control so I could review the Japanese setup & forces. There were no squads with more than 18 men! Where did these 28 man mobs come from? I say 28 men because as I killed them, the combat resolution window pops up and says something like "2 casualty, (25)". The (25) keeps counting up until (27) then I get the "SquadName Destroyed" as I get the last guy.Tommy
Easy worksaround: Start game (or first turn) with "reduced squads" on, but deactive it immidiatly (best even before saving at the beginning of the first turn) - looks like everything is fine than ... no zombies no more A.

AMD FX-4300
Gigabyte 970A-DS3P
Kingston 24GB DDR3-1600 (PC3-12800)
Asus GTX 750 Ti OC 2GB GDDR5
Seagate Barracuda SATA III 1TB
Windows 8.1

(in reply to Tommy)
Post #: 2
- 9/26/2000 12:27:00 AM   
Tommy

Arralen, Just to be clear: I was wondering if this was caused by the Reduced Squads, or did I stumble across another bug. I now play with it off, but that game was started with it on. Tommy

(in reply to Tommy)
Post #: 3
- 9/26/2000 5:39:00 PM   
Arralen

Arralen,Just to be clear: I was wondering if this was caused by the Reduced Squads, or did I stumble across another bug. "reduced squad bug" again - hopefully I now play with it off, but that game was started with it on. Look to me that every time a game is started - no matter if anew or from a savegame - the "reduced squad" routine goes through the units and rolls for "missing men". Obviously it screws up when encountering "already reduced squads" which have lost men in combat and have the damage counter set to >0 for that reason. Haven't had the time to test this extensivly .. maybe I'm wrong about some details.. but shurely the programmers already look for this bug Arralen

AMD FX-4300
Gigabyte 970A-DS3P
Kingston 24GB DDR3-1600 (PC3-12800)
Asus GTX 750 Ti OC 2GB GDDR5
Seagate Barracuda SATA III 1TB
Windows 8.1

(in reply to Tommy)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> AI Inf - # men bug?? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI