Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

The U.S. Turkey Shoot

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> The U.S. Turkey Shoot Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
The U.S. Turkey Shoot - 9/27/2000 8:41:00 AM   
Ballan

I was on the 2nd battle of German long campaign v the western allies, February 1943. The US attacked with 18 planes , 16 were mauraders, only one warhawk limped home with light damage the rest ended up on the desert floor. A battery of 88mm AA, a quad 20mm section and a few light AA squads made a turkey shoot of the enamy planes. Can any one beat that score? What does the accuracy of the AA depend on, the 88mm AA guns have a high artillery rating but the halftrack AA 20mm and 37mm have a high armour rating, so which one is more accurate ?

Post #: 1
- 9/27/2000 9:20:00 AM   
Wild Bill

I can't answer that one, Ballan, but I will say it was a bad day for the USAAF...WB ------------------ In Arduis Fidelis Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant

(in reply to Ballan)
Post #: 2
- 9/27/2000 9:42:00 AM   
Bonzo

A high artillery rating will help the unit shoot straighter, but is not the full story. The real dope is the Rangefinder and Fire Control numbers. Read page 53 4.0 Manual, page 55 4.1 manual. A high armour rating might help against plane, more likely better against ground targets. Actual unit experience probably counts more than armour or artillery rating. My best guess Bonzo ------------------ Robert (Bonzo) Lindsay, Coordinator 28th (North-west) Battalion Headquarters http://dreadnaught.home.icq.com [email]nwbattalion@icqmail.com[/email]

Robert (Bonzo) Lindsay, Webmaster 28th (North-west) Battalion Headquarters Main http://www.nwbattalion.com E-mail

(in reply to Ballan)
Post #: 3
- 9/27/2000 12:29:00 PM   
Lars Remmen

quote:

Originally posted by Ballan: I was on the 2nd battle of German long campaign v the western allies, February 1943. The US attacked with 18 planes , 16 were mauraders, only one warhawk limped home with light damage the rest ended up on the desert floor. A battery of 88mm AA, a quad 20mm section and a few light AA squads made a turkey shoot of the enamy planes. Can any one beat that score?
While I do not know if I can beat that score I do think it is not an unusual event to completely waste the enemy planes. While I think planes are modelled pretty well the AAA is wildly overeffective! If the effectiveness in the game was just slightly historical, air supremacy could probably never be achived *G* So I usually play without airstrikes for both sides... BTW: In v.4.1. are killed planes added to the AAA units kill score? Lars

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" - Benjamin Franklin

(in reply to Ballan)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> The U.S. Turkey Shoot Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI