Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

How does one change draft positions?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> How does one change draft positions? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
How does one change draft positions? - 4/1/2007 6:28:01 PM   
SmilinJack

Are the teams in the draft pool always placed alphabetically? Can I change the draft order? Especailly, when I get to my first off season, my Santa Fe team is the worst team in the AFL...I want that number one overall pick!

SmilinJack
Post #: 1
RE: How does one change draft positions? - 4/1/2007 6:35:27 PM   
hack153

hmmmm....don't think you can.

(in reply to SmilinJack)
Post #: 2
RE: How does one change draft positions? - 4/1/2007 6:42:31 PM   
garysorrell

For season one, the initial league draft, they are in alphabetical order....but all following seasons they should be in order of worst team first to best team last.

Or at least thats how I think David explained it once. I am pretty sure this is correct though.

(in reply to hack153)
Post #: 3
RE: How does one change draft positions? - 4/13/2008 3:06:08 AM   
chad56s

Does anyone know if this is still true?  Has a way become available to change this?

(in reply to garysorrell)
Post #: 4
RE: How does one change draft positions? - 4/13/2008 5:26:09 AM   
David Winter

I recently changed the 1st season draft order to be random. It's currently alphabetic in the public releases but that's not exactly fair. Making it random was one of those things I'd kept putting aside. After the 1st season the order is based on the previous season record. You can set the snake draft on or off to flip the order each round.

There's is no way to adjust the order. The draft order is calculated as I need it and isn't stored anywhere that would make it available for editing.

thanks
David

(in reply to chad56s)
Post #: 5
RE: How does one change draft positions? - 4/13/2008 5:41:34 AM   
jdhalfrack

quote:

There's is no way to adjust the order. The draft order is calculated as I need it and isn't stored anywhere that would make it available for editing.

This is actually an unfortunate thing. The abilty to be able to edit draft order (even if it has to be by a utility) is a nice option.

Just my two cents.

JD

Latest Max FB Databse Editor: Max FB Database Editor (v 1.7.0)

(in reply to David Winter)
Post #: 6
RE: How does one change draft positions? - 4/13/2008 6:32:37 AM   
chad56s

Okay.  So sounds like a future patch or release should make the first year a little more interesting.  thanks!

(in reply to jdhalfrack)
Post #: 7
RE: How does one change draft positions? - 4/13/2008 8:22:15 AM   
Marauders

quote:

quote:

This is actually an unfortunate thing. The abilty to be able to edit draft order (even if it has to be by a utility) is a nice option.

This is a long standing item on my wishlist. It would be nice to have the game generate a draft order file that can be edited prior to the actual draft. This would allow draft pick trades for live drafts.

A user defined draft clock would be nice as well.

Those are a few things to keep in mind for the 3.0 wishlist.

(in reply to jdhalfrack)
Post #: 8
RE: How does one change draft positions? - 4/19/2008 4:08:41 AM   
chad56s

So would it be possible to say, change the names of the teams to Draft_01,Draft_02,Draft_03....Draft_XX prior to the draft of season 1 in order to "customize" draft order?  Painful, sure.  But I'd be willing to try it.

Also, does anybody know how draft order is determined in later seasons?  Record?  Championship team gets last pick?  Ties broken...alphabetically?

(in reply to Marauders)
Post #: 9
RE: How does one change draft positions? - 4/21/2008 6:42:50 AM   
chad56s

Darn.  I tried renaming my teams prior to the draft so that they would draft in an order I desired.  I think it worked (the teams seemed to draft in the correct order during the draft but if you go back and look at the draft history, it says otherwise)... 

Anyway, long story short, the drawback I didn't think about was that all of my teams are stuck with those crappy names throughout the season.

Guess, I'd really like to see a way to edit draft order.

(in reply to chad56s)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> How does one change draft positions? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI