Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Updating old scenarios

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Updating old scenarios Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Updating old scenarios - 10/4/2000 6:10:00 AM   
Wild Bill

Since version 1, the game has gone through some dramatic improvements, including revised oobs (orders of battle). Lamentably, some authors are now unreachable. Others have chosen not to upgrade their old work. So if you try a lower # scenario and get some weird icons (like a halftrack), then what has happened is that the unit data has been moved to another slot. The halftrack is the "default" icon. When the game can't find the designated unit icon, it replaces it with the default. You have two choices: Just forget the scenario, or you can edit it and play it. For the most part editing is simple. Load the scenario into the editor. Find the erroneous units. Left click on them. They should have the name of what they are supposed to be. Then left click on the "r" button in the button menu to the right. This brings up a list of units for that side. Scroll through till you find the correct unit, and choose it. Then go back to deploy screen and click in the space where that unit was. It will then be corrected. If it is a loaded unit, you'll have to unload it first, then use the process. You can do it while loaded, but that is a more complicated procedure. Sorry for the inconvenience. Someday I hope to work my way through all of these and fix them. It won't be in the next day or two. Wild Bill ------------------ In Arduis Fidelis Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant
Post #: 1
- 10/4/2000 10:26:00 AM   
Supervisor

I am in the process of updating all of my earlier scenarios and they will be posted in the Arsenal or Tankheads or Fabio's sites. I am redoing the Wittmann scenarios first and adding the 3 rd scenario to complete the Villers Bocage battle(I,m burned out on the East Front right now) , then after completing my Kharkov and berlin scenarios, I will redo the earliers ones. ------------------ Grenadier Matrix Games Technical Writer

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Updating old scenarios Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI