Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Just a couple things

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Suggestions / Wishlist >> Just a couple things Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Just a couple things - 4/24/2008 8:14:49 AM   
Hoop27

Well I have finally gotten a chance to play a few games under both Canadian and American rules. Already I have been able to come up with a minor wishlist/concerns.

Now is it just me or is running the ball especially up the middle damn near impossible? (coach mode) 3 games now and between the 6 teams combined I may have seen 100 yards total.

I was suprised by how good the graphics actually were! my only complaint on that end would be a few more animations and perhaps a few more frames in the animations.

I would like the option to set weather to random.

I would also like an accelerated play clock. obviously not an issue in the Canadian game (think I had 4 time count violations lol) but in the American game I found myself just having to sit and wait for the play clock to get down to that 8-9 seconds range before I could snap the ball. So if you could even set the option as to what time on the playclock you could accelerate to. that would be awesome.

The one thing I would like to make clear though is how stunned I am with the quality of MaxFB. I see the long term possibilities of this game and I am glad I got into it now!

Thanks alot David you rock!

Post #: 1
RE: Just a couple things - 4/24/2008 8:29:03 AM   
therhino

This game is IT people complain aboutgraphics until they play it. I think we also need a demo. It would have swayed me instantly and I think it would help people. We also need a new place to put downloads where people can see pictures and decriptions. I know I just went out on a limb, but had to put in my two cents.
therhino

(in reply to Hoop27)
Post #: 2
RE: Just a couple things - 4/25/2008 12:27:08 AM   
Hoop27

I have to agree that a demo maybe something where you can play one quarter with just 2 teams in the demo would have gotten me to purchase the game months back.

just something thats shaved down to get a feel for what maxFB is.

(in reply to therhino)
Post #: 3
RE: Just a couple things - 4/25/2008 12:32:23 AM   
therhino

Pure Sim Baseball by Matrix Games has a demo and it has helped them a ton. I wonder how hard would a demo be?
therhino

(in reply to Hoop27)
Post #: 4
RE: Just a couple things - 4/25/2008 1:51:39 AM   
David Winter

Hi.

Glad you enjoy the game.

Prior to the release of version 2.0 I spent a lot of time looking at how a demo for the game could be done. The games open nature presents a lot of challenges in creating a demo that isn't easily converted to the real thing. It's something I continue to look at though.

thanks
David

(in reply to therhino)
Post #: 5
RE: Just a couple things - 4/25/2008 2:17:26 AM   
therhino

Thanks for the quick reply David. I was afraid of that. Thats the only problem with Pure Sim Baseball's demo anyone can mod it to the real thing, but it would still be cool.
therhino

(in reply to David Winter)
Post #: 6
RE: Just a couple things - 4/25/2008 6:45:37 AM   
Hoop27

ya you absolutely have to protect it from being hacked into a full version. if thats the tradeoff for a more modable game I can live with it.

(in reply to therhino)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Suggestions / Wishlist >> Just a couple things Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI