Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

What the?!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Science Fiction] >> Starships Unlimited v3 >> What the?! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
What the?! - 5/8/2002 1:50:58 AM   
vrman

Why is it that I can't get my fleet to attack a homeworld? When I tell it to, it says I need a lot of ships to do it and they don't do anything. (I had 16!) But if I tell one corvette to go in, it wipes it out. The only way i've found around this is to make peace with them, move my fleet into the system to patrol and then declare war. But this doesn't work when its just you against the last AI.

The other thing is when I tell a fleet to capture a planet, it makes me try to reconfigure all the ships even tho some have the pods for the invasion. Don't they work together? What's the point of having a fleet if all the ships have to have the same loadout?
Post #: 1
- 5/8/2002 12:09:37 PM   
madmax88

You might not need as many as 16 ships to attack an homeworld. ;)
You can assign ships to different fleets. The best way to capture is to send a strike fleet to weaken the planet's defenses, then send another fleet to capture it. By default, your ships and fleets will always refit to the best technology and synchronize before an attack. This is why your ships are just standing there, they're waiting for everyone to be ready for the attack. Make smaller fleets. You can also set your ships to "ignore captain's upgrades" so they won't go for refit.

- -mAdMAx

(in reply to vrman)
Post #: 2
- 5/9/2002 7:17:45 PM   
Henri

[QUOTE]Originally posted by madmax88
[B]This is why your ships are just standing there, they're waiting for everyone to be ready for the attack. Make smaller fleets. You can also set your ships to "ignore captain's upgrades" so they won't go for refit. [/B][/QUOTE]

Problem is when your research is going fast, the ships remain thre indefinitely being upgraded, unless you turn off the "ignore" thing as you say.

Henri

(in reply to vrman)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Science Fiction] >> Starships Unlimited v3 >> What the?! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI