Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Which way to the war, Billy.

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> American Civil War – The Blue and the Gray >> Which way to the war, Billy. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Which way to the war, Billy. - 6/6/2008 5:53:40 AM   
madgamer2

So here I amp Apr. 64 slogging my way through TN and something happens I can't quite explain. A small corps commanded by one S. Newton shows up in the town of Livingstone TN in the area of Overton. SO why is this strange? Well I am old and somewhat forgetful but I did not create this Corp, and I do not recall seeing this leader before. I think I am missing something here. Must be these late hours playing this game. Anyone got an idea where and how this Corp. got into the game? Kind of goes along with the Reb ghost ship I saw sailing in Lake Erie. Maybe GShock is right and I should reinstall the game and the patch and start again. (SIGH)

Madgamer
Post #: 1
RE: Which way to the war, Billy. - 6/6/2008 10:00:29 AM   
GShock

Unless spawned by an event, in which case it would appear in the log, i think u have a corrupt installation. Try uninstalling -> deleting -> reinstalling -> patching to 1.10b and you should be fine. However, if this persists remember that only after you are sure your installation is not corrupt you should send your savegame to ageod. Without the save game the devs can't replicate the problem and so they can't fix it. Look at it the bright side, there's 10 bugs squashed per patch and most good proposals added to the game with each passing patch so look at it in the optimistic way 

(in reply to madgamer2)
Post #: 2
RE: Which way to the war, Billy. - 6/6/2008 11:49:13 AM   
Arsan

Hi

This Newton stack is probably a free historical reinforcement you get by event.
Are you laying the 1861 full campaign or one of the latest ones? Because if you had played from 61 you must had seen dozens of this kind of historical leaders and brigades popping up at historical dates and locations. They are like free chrome bones to the regular troops you buy by yourself.
Specially on the first months of the war both sides gets lots and lots of them.
Checks for a folder called "Docs" on your installation of the game. There you have several pdf documents with all the free stuff you get on the main April 61 campaign.

Regards!

(in reply to GShock)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> American Civil War – The Blue and the Gray >> Which way to the war, Billy. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI