Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Stupid computer keeps shooting my MG nests with small arms fire...

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Stupid computer keeps shooting my MG nests with small arms fire... Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Stupid computer keeps shooting my MG nests with small a... - 10/1/2000 7:14:00 AM   
88mm

The computer keeps stupidly shooting my MG nests, pillboxes, etc... with small arms. This is a real waste of time cuz I have to wait 10 min+ for them all to take a shot at my MG nests and such with rifles and MGs. Did I set the AI too low or something? Please help!

Post #: 1
- 10/1/2000 9:46:00 AM   
Wild Bill

If someone was shooting at you, wouldn't you shoot back Just kidding. The AI is set to do that for you. THere is no cut-off button when it is your turn, unless before you press end turn, you shut off their weapons, but then you could not opfire. It is what you might call a good evil. Everytime they fire, they may be suppressing those unit a bit more, either to kill them all or send them packing. It can be frustrating, I know. Wild Bill ------------------ In Arduis Fidelis Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant

(in reply to 88mm)
Post #: 2
- 10/1/2000 5:08:00 PM   
bravo.john

I think he was commenting on how long it takes the turn to process considering the very large number of useless firing results from rifles and MGs against hard targets like a pillbox or bunker. Perhaps it would be possible to add an option to reduce battle spam. Perhaps a three way switch; as it is now, skip all animations and sounds for attacks which miss your units, skil all animations and sounds for attacks which don't result in any casualties to your units.

(in reply to 88mm)
Post #: 3
- 10/1/2000 7:54:00 PM   
Arralen

quote:

Originally posted by bravo.john: I think he was commenting on how long it takes the turn to process considering the very large number of useless firing results from rifles and MGs against hard targets like a pillbox or bunker.
Think you're right here ...
quote:

Perhaps it would be possible to add an option to reduce battle spam.
Or even better - teach the AI not to fire small arms at armored targets this often .. but's most likely it's too late already for either suggestion .. Only help is . turn down the message delay, and go ahd fetch a cup of coffee while the AI is shooting at your bunkers Arralen

AMD FX-4300
Gigabyte 970A-DS3P
Kingston 24GB DDR3-1600 (PC3-12800)
Asus GTX 750 Ti OC 2GB GDDR5
Seagate Barracuda SATA III 1TB
Windows 8.1

(in reply to 88mm)
Post #: 4
- 10/3/2000 4:25:00 AM   
Paul Saunders

quote:

Originally posted by Arralen: Only help is . turn down the message delay,
The message delay is the single biggest factor in timewasting. Turn it off completely and you may be surprised at how fast the game plays. Really important information is now shown at the bottom of the screen so it's quite practical to play without messages anymore.

(in reply to 88mm)
Post #: 5
- 10/3/2000 5:00:00 AM   
Wild Bill

Very good point, Paul!...WB ------------------ In Arduis Fidelis Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant

(in reply to 88mm)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Stupid computer keeps shooting my MG nests with small arms fire... Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI