Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Boycott Matrix Games (not a joke, not a crackpot)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Boycott Matrix Games (not a joke, not a crackpot) Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Boycott Matrix Games (not a joke, not a crackpot) - 4/8/2002 1:59:22 AM   
willmontgomery

I bought all three MCs for myself. Then I read Mr. Vebber's (verbal) hand-wringing about how the MCs hadn't sold well, so I bought all three (two direct, plus MCNA from Chips and Bits) for a friend. Then I bought all three for another friend. Turns out that that second friend has only a Mac, and therefore cannot use the MCs. Chips and Bits told me to send back the MC for a refund. But from Matrix:

Will Montgomery,
Your support request has been completed. Reference Number:1017924209

DanielHeath 06-Apr-2002 14:51:29

Thanks for using the Matrix Games Help Desk
Let us know if we can be of any further assistance.

This was in regard to your support request:
>gift problem/operating system incompatibility

thanks,
Matrix Support

Mr. Heath, I purchased from you in good faith. I freely admit that I didn't read the fine print. It never entered my mind that your software might not run on my friend's computer, and it never crossed my mind that you would have a no returns policy, and when I looked for a returns policy and saw that you had none I didn't believe for a moment that you would stand by that policy in this case. It never ceases to amaze me how willing businesses are to turn faithful repeat customers into ex-customers. So Mr. Heath, you may relent and permit me to return the unusable MCs for a full refund (minus shipping, of course), in which case I may decide to buy from Matrix Games again, or you may stand by your "policy", in which case neither I nor any of my friends nor anyone else I influence will ever buy anything from Matrix Games again. Your move.

"C'est magnifique, mais ce n'est pas la guerre."
Post #: 1
- 4/8/2002 3:04:08 AM   
MacCready

While I feel your pain,I don't like your little power play.

I will continue to purchase from Matrix,can hardly wait for Combat Leader/Uncommon Valor in the months ahead.

I dont see why anyone but you should suffer,after all,you didn't read the fine print.

I hope you can somehow rise above these petty feelings of injustice..

(in reply to willmontgomery)
Post #: 2
On a lighter note. - 4/8/2002 3:39:36 AM   
Supervisor

People make mistakes and sometimes we have to live with them, but your approach to this matter is childish though and any further bashing won't be tolerated. If you decide you would like to redeem yourself I have a simple solution. Try to sell you Mega CD's within this Forum especially MCNA, there many gamers that are having a hard time acquiring what you have and wish to part with. Chances are you can probably unload everything you wish. And no I don't get paid by Matrix, to say this.

Post #: 3
- 4/8/2002 4:18:44 AM   
David Heath

Hi

We place the polices online there so everyone is aware of what they are. Many of the small game companies have the same policy (Battlefront to name one). We try to give the best service possible that we can afford.

After some of the problems we had with Desert Fox we felt it important not to let that happen again. We also feel in this case we may have acted more in the letter of the policy then the spirit of the policy. We plan to talk with Mr. Montgomery and review the facts in this case.

We are a game company run by gamers for gamers and we do and will stand 100% behind our policies. One of the benefits of being a small company is we are not a rigid company and we will try to work with you the gamers. I thank everyone that jumped in and gave us their support.

Its time I get back to work and get Uncommon Valor out the door.

David Heath
Matrix Games

Post #: 4
- 4/8/2002 5:46:19 AM   
Supervisor

It appears that this hit a bigger nerve than expected to get the Head Cheese to take time to respond and temporarly remove himself off a project about to go gold, I had hoped the dust would settle so he wouldn't have to get involved. It just goes to show us all Big Brother is still watching.

Post #: 5
- 4/8/2002 6:45:27 AM   
David Heath

Hi Guys

Well I don't know if Big Brother correct but we do care about our customers and we all care about our hobby.... That is always something worth taking time for.

Thanks for gamers like Gmenfan I able to spend much more time on the games then the issues.

David Heath
Matrix Games

Post #: 6
- 4/8/2002 8:05:52 AM   
Supervisor

Thanks David, I was just poking some fun with your disapperance to get UV to gold status only to have you resurface with this topic. Were yours ears burning(old wise tale when someone is talking about you).
PS Only corrected my username spelling in previous post hence the edit notation.

Post #: 7
- 4/8/2002 9:07:36 AM   
Les_the_Sarge_9_1

Will.....

You live in a fairy tale man....and that might be my very first negative reply to a post on forum here ever.

Only a completely unusual (that word indicated my refusal to be nasty) person buys software before finding out if they can run it. (being nice and sending it to a buddy was a grand gesture though). But you should have found out first if your friend could use it.

Considering how much Matrix has done for me for free, expecting them to have a major chain store's casual return policy.....
well you ain't going to find a single person on this forum has anything polite to say to you.

Boycott.... no you are out in the cold on that one...sorry.

Only reason I am even writing this at all....is because I know I won't be getting any negativity for saying what the rest of us think.

I will consider you a sad loss if you go. but you is going to be going by yourself eh:(

I LIKE that my life bothers them,
Why should I be the only one bothered by it eh.

Post #: 8
- 4/8/2002 9:11:38 AM   
Les_the_Sarge_9_1

David sorry if I said anything out of line there in my post to Will...

Matrix gives 103%

And you have aaaaaaabsolutely no reason to think the way Matrix conducts business is in any way unfair to this person.

I LIKE that my life bothers them,
Why should I be the only one bothered by it eh.

Post #: 9
- 4/8/2002 9:21:37 AM   
Venger

I resisted the temptation the first time, this time I gotta post on this thread...

I love SPWAW. I really do. But this person BOUGHT something, and as a consumer, has a right to complain about that transaction or product. That we all really love SPWAW should not make us lose sight that while we all know Matrix is a small, scrapping business, it is STILL a business, and as such, has to deal with customer issues like this. They guy wasn't a jerk, didn't call names, just laid out his case - I bought alot of these, one isn't going to work, and you won't refund it, which pisses me off as a customer and makes me unlikely to want to buy again. What on earth is so demonic about that? Nothing.

As to Les' point, go check out the Returns desk of any store after Christmas - MANY people get software they can't run for any number of reasons.

That they've done so much work for me for free doesn't mean they can skate when dealing with people who paid.

To their credit, David jumped in like a trooper and promised to address the issue after reviewing it. This should make everyone feel good about Matrix, I know it does me. So when the time comes and I shell out for CL, I feel good that a problem will be handled in a business savvy way with people who care about their product...

Venger

Post #: 10
- 4/8/2002 9:37:00 AM   
Supervisor

Point taken but don't you think the term Boycott is a little strong, which is what set me off. I wasn't going to say anthing either, but I moderate here and I felt an obligation to our fellow gamers. I'm sure a phone call or another email would have fixed the problem. Closing this thread this isn't the time nor the place and I don't want it to get out of control. The issue will be resolved I'm sure.

Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Boycott Matrix Games (not a joke, not a crackpot) Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI