Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Team Profiles

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Team Profiles Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Team Profiles - 4/28/2008 9:59:35 PM   
Brockleigh

When the switch was made from Draft Profiles to Team Profiles, I was under the assumption (mistakenly or not) that the CPU would be updating the profiles of computer teams. I was almost positive that I read this in another thread back at the time of the change to Team Profiles.

What I've come across after seven seasons of my Expanded CFL league is that I have built a juggernaut not because of shrewd drafting or excellent scouting, but almost by default. While I amend my drafting based on who has retired or where my team is weak, the CPU teams draft based only on what's in their base profile, which always entails them taking QBs in the first three rounds (whether they need them or not) then two RBS, then two WRs and then a LB. Sure, the computer teams flesh out their roster with Free Agents after the draft to fill retirees, but this is after I've had the pick of the litter. The way the CPU drafts, I might as well have the first seven picks in the draft.

It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta gum.

Post #: 1
RE: Team Profiles - 4/28/2008 10:56:22 PM   
David Winter

The AI does not update Team Profiles. Team Profiles are used to help the AI. They are the teams 'bible' as it were and all player transactions for CPU controlled teams (including human teams in quick sim games) are dictated by the Team Profile.

At the beginning of each season the process may assign a team a different Profile to work with for that season. That is assuming there are profiles to choose from. If there's only one Profile on disk for that rule set, all teams will get the same profile, and they will not change season to season. The more profiles for that rule set, the more diversity you'll have in your teams.

thanks
David

(in reply to Brockleigh)
Post #: 2
RE: Team Profiles - 4/29/2008 1:13:14 AM   
garysorrell

Really? The cpu teams may choose a different one at the start of a new season? Thats nifty.

Does the naming of profiles have any affect on the process, or is it just looking for 20_ 53_ etc?

(in reply to David Winter)
Post #: 3
RE: Team Profiles - 4/29/2008 6:58:58 PM   
Brockleigh

This is intriguing.

So, under what circumstances will a team change it's draft profile? Is it based on need or weakness, or would it be random?

It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta gum.

(in reply to garysorrell)
Post #: 4
RE: Team Profiles - 4/30/2008 12:02:28 AM   
Tullius

quote:

Is it based on need or weakness, or would it be random?

It is random but the profiles are so made that in the "long run" a team will have a balanced team. Some years a profile will prefer some defensive positions and in other years the offense will improved. That is now the best possible solution because we have not a "thinking" AI.

At least this approach should beat every team build by Al Davis.

(in reply to Brockleigh)
Post #: 5
RE: Team Profiles - 4/30/2008 10:53:07 PM   
chad56s

If I want to control which team profile a team uses, would the best way to do that be to change the team to human controlled, change the profile, and then change it back to computer controlled?

(in reply to Tullius)
Post #: 6
RE: Team Profiles - 5/24/2008 4:56:06 PM   
Jeanbou

he Brock, thank you for the CFL stuff you are doing, you are doing a great job

Jean :)

(in reply to Brockleigh)
Post #: 7
RE: Team Profiles - 5/25/2008 11:01:25 AM   
Tullius

quote:

If I want to control which team profile a team uses, would the best way to do that be to change the team to human controlled, change the profile, and then change it back to computer controlled?

The answer is a little bit late but it is "yes" .

(in reply to Jeanbou)
Post #: 8
RE: Team Profiles - 6/5/2008 12:00:15 AM   
chad56s

Better late than never.  Thanks!

(in reply to Tullius)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Sports] >> Maximum-Football 2.0 >> Team Profiles Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI