Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Issue with loaned leader

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> Tech Support >> Issue with loaned leader Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Issue with loaned leader - 6/5/2008 9:44:17 AM   
JanSorensen

I am trying to test the loan leader feature but seem to have run into a dead end.

In the Prussia Reinforcement Phase I load a Prussia corps and a Prussian leader to Austria by first loaning the leader and then the corps. (see left part of attached screen shot)

In the Austrian Reinforcement Phase I wish to attach the leader to the corps. When I click the corps I am told "no leader..." (see middle part of scree nshot). When I try to select the leader I get an errormessage which clearly indicates a bug. (right part of screen shot)

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by JanSorensen -- 6/5/2008 9:46:59 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Issue with loaned leader - 6/5/2008 9:49:01 AM   
JanSorensen

Attached is a saved game showing the issue.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to JanSorensen)
Post #: 2
RE: Issue with loaned leader - 6/5/2008 12:40:58 PM   
JanSorensen

With a bit of help I believe I figured out what went wrong. It seems I was able to put on loan the leader yet keep him attached to a corps I did not loan. Thus the Prussians had loaned a corps without leader and a leader attached to a still Prussian controlled corps to the Austrians - and the Austrians had no way to get the leader attached to the correct corps.

I believe the following changes need to be made:
a) The graphics issue with the wrong file name obviously needs to be fixed.
b) If a leader that is attached to a corps is loaned the corps is loaned as well (and the leader remains attached).
c) If a corps with an attached leader is loaned the leader is loaned as well (and the leader remains attached).

For now its possible yet cumbersome to work around so its not game breaking but its defintely not pretty either.

Post #: 3
RE: Issue with loaned leader - 6/5/2008 1:51:33 PM   
DCWhitworth

Just to clarify something, are you working on testing this feature for Marshall or is this something available in the main game yet ?

Regards
David

Post #: 4
RE: Issue with loaned leader - 6/5/2008 2:34:01 PM   
JanSorensen

Its available in the main game (1.02k). I do not have access to anything special.

(in reply to DCWhitworth)
Post #: 5
RE: Issue with loaned leader - 6/5/2008 2:48:07 PM   
DCWhitworth

I can't find anywhere that you can loan leaders. You never used to be able to do so and I haven't found an update that says you can. Indeed the latest notes for the rules say -

CHANGE
Section: 6.9 loaning corps
Changed the first sentence of this section to read:

Allies may declare that one or more of their corps, that does not currently have a leader attached, will be “loaned” for the remainder of the month, with movement and supply costs of all loaned forces being handled by the ally borrowing them.

Regards
David

Post #: 6
RE: Issue with loaned leader - 6/5/2008 3:14:01 PM   
Marshall Ellis

JanSorensen:

R307 is this issue and it is fixed in 1.03

Thank you

Marshall Ellis
Outflank Strategy War Games

Post #: 7
RE: Issue with loaned leader - 6/5/2008 3:18:30 PM   
DCWhitworth

quote:

ORIGINAL: Marshall Ellis

JanSorensen:

R307 is this issue and it is fixed in 1.03

Explains why I couldn't find it on your 1.03 list, it only goes up to r306 !

< Message edited by DCWhitworth -- 6/5/2008 3:19:02 PM >

Regards
David

(in reply to Marshall Ellis)
Post #: 8
RE: Issue with loaned leader - 6/5/2008 3:22:38 PM   
JanSorensen

quote:

ORIGINAL: DCWhitworth

I can't find anywhere that you can loan leaders. You never used to be able to do so and I haven't found an update that says you can. Indeed the latest notes for the rules say -

CHANGE

Allies may declare that one or more of their corps, that does not currently have a leader attached, will be “loaned” for the remainder of the month, with movement and supply costs of all loaned forces being handled by the ally borrowing them.

David,

The structure for communicating changes appears to be rather haphazard. As you pointed out elsewhere some changes are documented in the Data folder (why is beyond me). Other changes, however, are documented in the read me file in the main folder. While there is no entry directly stating that leaders can go on loan an entry under 1.02j indirectly provides that information:
• Fixed in 1.02j Program is not allowing the Austrian Insurrection corps or Spanish guerillas to be loaned. Now allowing ALL units (Including sea) to be loaned!

Its starting to remind me of the (not so) good old days where you had 8 different sources of errata for the more complex games. As said elsewhere - I hope Matrix gets their writer to update the manual or at the very least makes once coherent source for errata / changes so we dont have to look several places to know whats current.

Post #: 9
RE: Issue with loaned leader - 6/5/2008 3:22:39 PM   
Marshall Ellis

Doooh! LOL!
Sorry, guys!
I guess I should update the list!

Thank you

Marshall Ellis
Outflank Strategy War Games

Post #: 10
RE: Issue with loaned leader - 6/5/2008 4:12:16 PM   
DCWhitworth

quote:

ORIGINAL: JanSorensen

quote:

ORIGINAL: DCWhitworth

CHANGE

David,

The structure for communicating changes appears to be rather haphazard. As you pointed out elsewhere some changes are documented in the Data folder (why is beyond me). Other changes, however, are documented in the read me file in the main folder.

I'm not sure I quite agree with you. The changes in the data folder relate to changes to the manual. The readme file also contains these and also the bug fixes.

quote:

While there is no entry directly stating that leaders can go on loan an entry under 1.02j indirectly provides that information:
• Fixed in 1.02j Program is not allowing the Austrian Insurrection corps or Spanish guerillas to be loaned. Now allowing ALL units (Including sea) to be loaned!

That would depend if you define a leader as a unit, personally I wouldn't but I can see how other people might.

quote:

Its starting to remind me of the (not so) good old days where you had 8 different sources of errata for the more complex games. As said elsewhere - I hope Matrix gets their writer to update the manual or at the very least makes once coherent source for errata / changes so we dont have to look several places to know whats current.

Perhaps it is starting to get to the point that Matrix might want to produce an updated pdf version of the manual.

< Message edited by DCWhitworth -- 6/5/2008 4:13:18 PM >

Regards
David

Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815 >> Tech Support >> Issue with loaned leader Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI