Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Weapons Purchase

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865 >> Weapons Purchase Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Weapons Purchase - 6/17/2008 2:27:56 AM   
goodwoodrw

right place now
G'day all,
I have noticed that Spencer and Henry rifles become more expensive as the game goes on why? One would assume they would become cheaper as production would increase in the latter years of the war. do other weapons become more expensive or is it only the good ones. Is this a design feature to prevent a player creating powerful divisions by equipping them with Henry s only?
Ron

Formerly Goodwood

Post #: 1
RE: Weapons Purchase - 6/17/2008 3:33:38 AM   
Gil R.

All weapons become more expensive once a certain number of them are out there in use. As you surmise, it's to keep a player from equipping every unit with the best weapons. And since during the Civil War this didn't happen, it's a way of maintaining historicity.

(in reply to goodwoodrw)
Post #: 2
RE: Weapons Purchase - 6/17/2008 4:11:35 AM   
goodwoodrw

Bloody inflation, the Henrys are getting close to $180
Just one other question. Forts when you click the engineer button to make a fort and it takes x amount turns, is there a way to keep track of time left? and how do do build size 3 forts not on menu?

Formerly Goodwood

(in reply to Gil R.)
Post #: 3
RE: Weapons Purchase - 6/17/2008 9:14:17 PM   
GShock

I thought forts would take only 1 turn to build, actually im quite sure you get them on map as soon as your turn kicks in.

If fort size 3 is not on the menu it means u haven't got enough resources to build one. Problem with forts is simple: Once u issue the order to build one, its resources are not TIED to the balance. Which means, you want a fort 1, 100/100/100, then you build a camp and pay 50$...next turn you don't get your fort and don't know why.

Well the why is simple, you've used the funds for something else.

(in reply to goodwoodrw)
Post #: 4
RE: Weapons Purchase - 6/17/2008 10:12:59 PM   
Ironclad

A Forts 1 or 2 can be built by a military group in any province and this will appear partly completed the next turn, taking several turns to reach the full 100% defence level. This can be speeded up by giving a repair fort order to that or another group present. In contrast forts built in a controlled city province (Forts 1, 2 or 3) don't arrive the next turn but take a specified period (eg 2 turns for a Fort 1) but when they do appear they are at 100%. With the latter the resource costs are deducted immediately you commit to the order whereas with a military group order you need to leave enough unspent resources to cover the cost that turn.

(in reply to GShock)
Post #: 5
RE: Weapons Purchase - 6/18/2008 12:38:26 AM   
terje439

quote:

ORIGINAL: BASB

Ah, that is nothing! I tend to operate ALOT of CAV late in the war, and every single CAV is to be equipped with Spencer carbs.. However in the end the Spencer carbs costs more than the 500 weapons you can store, and it becomes impossible to buy anymore of them

Nothing beats a CAV with Spencer, and the Dragoon Tactics upgrade...

< Message edited by terje439 -- 6/18/2008 12:39:32 AM >

(in reply to goodwoodrw)
Post #: 6
RE: Weapons Purchase - 6/18/2008 1:13:33 AM   
goodwoodrw

quote:

ORIGINAL: terje439

quote:

Ah, that is nothing! I tend to operate ALOT of CAV late in the war, and every single CAV is to be equipped with Spencer carbs.. However in the end the Spencer carbs costs more than the 500 weapons you can store, and it becomes impossible to buy anymore of them

What about cav sharps, dragoons and extended supply. then u could operate independently by enemy lines for a bit
Ron.

Formerly Goodwood

(in reply to terje439)
Post #: 7
RE: Weapons Purchase - 6/18/2008 10:44:58 AM   
terje439

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: terje439

quote:

What about cav sharps, dragoons and extended supply. then u could operate independently by enemy lines for a bit
Ron.

Never actually bought Sharps for CAVs, so cannot really say anything about that. However an Army of 100k Southern men all mounted with Spencers and the odd Breachloading when no more Spencers can be bought, placed under command off J.E.B. Stuart can pretty much go wherever it chooses

(in reply to goodwoodrw)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865 >> Weapons Purchase Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI