Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

For Treefrog

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Gary Grigsby's War Between the States >> For Treefrog Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
For Treefrog - 9/17/2011 1:19:47 AM   
BK6583

Still out there? As the Union player Kentucky is driving me nuts. What to do? Against AI, which doesn't seem inclined to invade Kentucky I wait until September myself to invade. Problem is no matter what I try I can't get to Bowling Green, Glascow or Lebanon on the first turn. Confederate AI immediately moves there during its turn. Takes me several turns to fight them out. Now once that's done, Kentucky stays NEUTRAL. Even after taking the whole state, it still remains NEUTRAL. What am I missing here? I was doing pretty good in the early turns following all of your game advice, but this has me stymied.
Post #: 1
RE: For Treefrog - 9/18/2011 7:15:32 PM   
Treefrog

See private email.

"L'audace, l'audace, toujours l'audace."

(in reply to BK6583)
Post #: 2
RE: For Treefrog - 9/19/2011 10:47:05 PM   
BK6583

What email address did you Use? Haven't seen anything on my cox.net email or at work.

(in reply to BK6583)
Post #: 3
RE: For Treefrog - 2/3/2012 5:19:36 PM   
Treefrog

BK,
sorry the pemail didn't go through.
in the original version of the game Kentucky could be blitzed by whoever invaded; it was such a problem that there was a gentleman's agreement between early players that the blitz would not occur.

the problem was fixed in an early patch.

the simple answer is that whoever invades cannot overrun so the usa can't get to Bowling Green and the CSA can't get to the Ohio River crossings, Count your blessings that the only crossing you need to defend is at Cairo.

as I recall, once either player takes all the population centers they control the state, although if it decided to remain neutral, regardless of who invaded, then it remains neutral.
treefrog

"L'audace, l'audace, toujours l'audace."

(in reply to BK6583)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Gary Grigsby's War Between the States >> For Treefrog Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI