Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Leader promotions question

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Gary Grigsby's War Between the States >> Leader promotions question Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Leader promotions question - 11/16/2009 4:14:18 PM   
Leegb1

Here's a question: I have two generals that just promoted to 3 stars even though they are not theatre (sp?) or army commanders. Why? Then Jackson has 255/200 and is stuck at two stars. He is an Army commander, but has failed to promote to 3 stars the last 3 turns. Any insight out there?

Also, why do corp commanders sometimes have a number in parenthesis next to their name like: A. P. Hill Corps (-6). What does that number indicate?

Any help is appreciated.

Post #: 1
RE: Leader promotions question - 11/16/2009 10:39:29 PM   
Treefrog

Some generals have scheduled promotions. I think they get promoted on that date regardless of performance. They need not be an AC or TC to get three or more stars, although those stars will severely limit your ability to assign them as a CSC.

The number in parenthesis is, I believe, the number of units that can be added to his command.

"L'audace, l'audace, toujours l'audace."

(in reply to Leegb1)
Post #: 2
RE: Leader promotions question - 11/17/2009 7:07:55 AM   
Doc o War

First- this means you are playing with the Corps Sub Commander option on- Rule 18.3 after Dec 1861.
The Number (-6 )for instance, means that the corps he is commanding has +6 more infantry steps in it than he can command and will be an additional negative combat modifier It is a negative effect. You should try not to take your corps into battle reading to far in the negative- The Corps commander needs to assign Corps Sub Commanders to his corps, just like you assign troop steps. - and they each can command a certain number of additional units within the corps based on their rank- when you have enough command control available the CSC number in the (-) will disappear and you will get no negative combat modifiers assigned.
This sub commander attachment must be done before the Corps enters into an enemy zone-there is no Command point cost to attach or detach leaders like there is with infantry- which is really important if also using the LCPR rule. the attachment should be made before you move in when possible. Leaders under 6 command points do not get effected by CSC and may not attach units- they are effectively unable to be corps commanders. Just divison or brigade commanders.
It is a good idea to constantly look at your corps each turn as sub leaders can get promoted and the corps may have more CSC attached than needed-

Hancock's Staff in 1863 when he commanded 2nd Corps, union AOP - that is the flag behind them- the trefoil or Clubs of the 1860s of playing cards- and the Battle cry of the 2nd Corps " Clubs is Trumps" 2nd corp trumped them all at Gettysburg,

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Doc o War -- 11/17/2009 7:13:35 AM >

Tell me the story of the common foot soldier, and I will tell you the story of all wars.
... Heroditus.

(in reply to Treefrog)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Gary Grigsby's War Between the States >> Leader promotions question Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI