Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Sound problems

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> TOAW III Support >> Sound problems Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Sound problems - 6/28/2008 10:16:34 PM   
BleedingOrange

I downloaded the game and tried to play, but there was no sound after the intro. I went to the sound menu/background and all options are grayed out with nothing selected. I tried to click on all four (Music, Battle Sounds, Music and Battle Sounds, and No Background Sounds) and it didn't do anything. I went to sound effects and there was nothing selected, but the options were black and it lets me turn them on or off, but when I reenter the game it goes back to no choice marked. The intro played fine and the game runs without any other problems. It's just wierd without the background sounds. I have windows vista home premium 64 bit edition with service pack 1, video card is Nvidia GeForce 8500GT with updated drivers and directX10, and the sound drivers are up to date. I went and checked the sound files and the oog files are there. I have the latest update 3.2.29.27. Thanks in advance.
Post #: 1
RE: Sound problems - 7/21/2008 12:07:09 PM   
TonyAAA

FWIW, I recently re-installed TOAW 3 after upgrading my laptop from Vista business (32bit version) to Vista Ultimate (64bit version) and now have the exact same sound problems you have.

After the intros play, TOAW3 has no sound at all + grayed out sound options. Updated the sound drivers, no dice. Worked fine with 32bit Vista.

edit---using XP SP2 "compatibility mode" fixed it!

< Message edited by Tony_A -- 7/22/2008 5:27:39 AM >

(in reply to BleedingOrange)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> TOAW III Support >> Sound problems Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI