Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Allied Production

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Scenario Design >> Allied Production Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Allied Production - 8/2/2008 8:23:39 PM   
hueglin

I am wondering about allied production and the different facilities which are in the game. I have looked in the manual and on the forums and am not getting a very clear picture (maybe I'm just easily confused).

What i would like to know for my mod I am working on is which of the industrial/economic devices work for the allies and what do they do for the allies.

Specifically: resources, manpower, oil, armaments factories, vehicle factories, aircraft factories, heavy industry.

I know that the allied production mechanism is much more limited than the Japanese but would like some details as to what can actually be set up with allied production.

Thanks in advance for any info.

Dave
Post #: 1
RE: Allied Production - 8/3/2008 3:08:14 AM   
n01487477

I don't play as the Allies ... but I'd look at RHS and Empires Ablaze, which both try to replicate going from a peacetime to wartime production ...

I'd look at them and then talk to the experts (Nemo & El Cid) about this... I must say that these mods try to do what should have been done in the beginning, and not allow the Allies to have almost unlimited supplies and fuel from the get go ...

• Arm/Veh/Ship/Engine Prod I don't think can be replicated.
  • Air production + off map can.
  • HI/OIL/Res are ...

I need to read more of the AE threads, but as there is not really an economic thread, to determine if this is replicated better in AE. (going from peacetime ---> )

(in reply to hueglin)
  • Post #: 2
    RE: Allied Production - 8/3/2008 1:08:24 PM   
    el cid again

RHS attempts to make production matter for both sides. So supplies come from industry more than from resource centers. And industry only makes supplies and fuel IF it has oil and resources to make them from. The US West Coast is poor in oil - the Pacific NW in particular: the SW gets oil by "pipeline" at San Diego - and Salt Lake City (= United States) and Regina (= Canada) get oil from trains crossing the continent. But the Pacific NW has lots of industry - and only some oil comes in from the Canadian oil centers - and from Salt Lake City - and there is not enough to run all the industry. IF you move in oil from New Orleans - THEN you get much more production.

New Orleans is the other way around. It has enough resources to produce supplies every three days or so. But IF you move in more resources - THEN you get more production. That ONLY matters however IF YOU ALSO move the fuel and supplies out by ship - there is no rail connection - the only way to achieve this situation. Since it is a LONG haul from there to other places - you might not want to do that. It is really intended to reward moving resources from Australia and New Caledonia to the USA - but you can move resources from anywhere and it works the same (we cannot make our resources be things like chromium, only available in New Caledonia).

On the map itself there are micro economies - large and small. India and Australia produce a lot IF you feed them oil - usually from the Mideast for India - Aus from New Orleans and the Mideast. New Zealand is the same writ small - it needs oil to produce for long - but IF you give it a bit of oil - it feeds itself well - and if forces are modest - you can export a bit. China and Russia are pretty self sufficient. But remember the Burma Road gives you 500 free supply per day - keep it open - or reopen it if you can. And both need to have three things - industry - resources and oil - so fight to insure you have centers for all three and connections to let them flow.

Luzon is remarkable - it produces supplies directly - representing rice, timber and light industry - and also from heavy industry. This can be fed on local resources - and for a long time - on oil stored at Manila. But if you are holding it - it will stop the industrial production when the oil runs out - so in games where it is not going to fall - send in oil every six months.

Manchukuo, Indochina, Thailand, Malaya, NEI and Burma are surprisingly rich - which is a lot of why the war was fought - and these places generate a lot of local supply (only a fraction is "eaten" by supply sinks) - while some locations have significant heavy industry which will make more - IF you feed them BOTH oil and resources. Pay atttention to which is rich and which is poor - and which is connected by rail - and suppliment with ships as required to get things to work.

< Message edited by el cid again -- 8/3/2008 1:17:39 PM >

(in reply to n01487477)
    Post #: 3
    RE: Allied Production - 8/3/2008 3:05:55 PM   
    hueglin

What does HI actually do for the Allies? Does it affect the production of replacement (squads, equipment etc.) or does it just produce more supplies?

(in reply to el cid again)
    Post #: 4
    RE: Allied Production - 8/3/2008 4:33:22 PM   
    VSWG

quote:

ORIGINAL: hueglin

What does HI actually do for the Allies? Does it affect the production of replacement (squads, equipment etc.) or does it just produce more supplies?

Just supplies and fuel.

(in reply to hueglin)
    Post #: 5
    RE: Allied Production - 8/3/2008 11:11:52 PM   
    el cid again

quote:

ORIGINAL: hueglin

HI produces both supplies and fuel - it is not just a sorce of HI points - and indeed - for the ALLIES - HI points are not as used as for Japan. For example, they do not get used for aircraft engines, ships, etc. But regardless of that - HI produces supplies and fuel - and in RHS it is the MAIN WAY you get both on the map. In general, RHS limites supplies and fuel as such to map edge locations - although there are exceptions. The map has codes to tell you where there is significant production (300 plus) and what kind of production. [O = Oil, R = Resources - stuff like that - but here is an odd one: F = Fish or Food - at Kodiak Alaska]

< Message edited by el cid again -- 8/3/2008 11:13:20 PM >

(in reply to hueglin)
    Post #: 6
    Page:   [1]
    All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Scenario Design >> Allied Production Page: [1]
    Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
    Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
     Post New Thread
     Reply to Message
     Post New Poll
     Submit Vote
     Delete My Own Post
     Delete My Own Thread
     Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI