Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Inevetable?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> John Tiller's Campaign Series >> Inevetable? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Inevetable? - 8/12/2008 5:48:32 AM   
dgk196

I wonder, and I hope I'm wrong.................

Have you noticed, the main discussion of this game is 'centered' around one thing?

Can't tell you why, but it doesn't 'feel right'............

Are the 'basics' of the game more or less 'swinging' back and forth between 'extremes'?

Have the secondary aspects of the game been ignored to the determent of the game?

I think this game broke through the 'barrier' of gaming expectations and promptly began to dig itself in!

Is it 'time' to address the aspects of the game that have been 'glossed over' up until now?

I don't think that I can answer that......... but 'others' may already may have! I hope I'm wrong!

I've seen 'this' happen before........ a 'small' group begins to define/establish the boundaries of a subject, beyond their actual relevance.........

Food for thought......... advances without feedback almost always leads to mistakes.......

I believe everyone is trying their best............

Dennis
Post #: 1
RE: Inevetable? - 8/12/2008 10:44:54 AM   
marcbarker

Your right...a select few has actual input on mechanics and gameplay...I gave up...There is no point...I had a lot more fun with talonsofts version vs matrix. Granted matrix put new units and armies in but hey that was being done by various modders. I enjoy the game as a game no more then that. I think that the true aspect of this game is lost in manusha. For a moderate scale game this is by far one of the best on the market. I asked awhile back about modding platoon and weapons files, well that was slammed shut. I recently asked if there was an idex file of numbers used in battalions, division etc. The response was it was not necessary and all the information is in the OOB's. True it is but have you tried to add a new company , a battalion a new division? They have the old talonsoft, the modded stuff and the mcs in the same file. I think they did that on purpose to discourage anytype of modding outside there editors. Tell you the truth after playing several DCG's the worst one is west front followed by rising sun.

The fun of the game is evaporating for me. I will still play it but Ithink I can add the units from this version MCS to Talonsoft version. I t will be difficult but it will be worth it. It seems that was very stable. I would click on a new campaign get a error and it would exit. I would start the game and get back into that dcg and wham...I get into the game but all units are visible and both sides can be moved by the player.

Just my opinion

(in reply to dgk196)
Post #: 2
RE: Inevetable? - 8/12/2008 3:26:10 PM   
Jason Petho

quote:

ORIGINAL: barker

Your right...a select few has actual input on mechanics and gameplay...I gave up...There is no point...I had a lot more fun with talonsofts version vs matrix. Granted matrix put new units and armies in but hey that was being done by various modders.

And it is still possible to do so.

quote:

I enjoy the game as a game no more then that. I think that the true aspect of this game is lost in manusha. For a moderate scale game this is by far one of the best on the market. I asked awhile back about modding platoon and weapons files, well that was slammed shut.

You are free to mod what you wish, just have to request the platoon and weapon file to be encrypted.

quote:

I recently asked if there was an idex file of numbers used in battalions, division etc. The response was it was not necessary and all the information is in the OOB's. True it is but have you tried to add a new company , a battalion a new division?

And all the information is there infront of you. Is there a master excel sheet that shows you all the orgs? No, why would there be considering you can see everything in the oob files.

Not only that, it is incredibly easy to add company to army OOB's... and you don't have to worry about encryption! You're free to mess about with the files as you wish.

quote:

They have the old talonsoft, the modded stuff and the mcs in the same file. I think they did that on purpose to discourage anytype of modding outside there editors.

Incorrect. They are included so people can use the old OOB's if they prefer.

quote:

Tell you the truth after playing several DCG's the worst one is west front followed by rising sun.

Go Talonsoft, eh? West Front and Rising Sun are on the hit lists to be updated.

Jason Petho

(in reply to marcbarker)
Post #: 3
RE: Inevetable? - 8/12/2008 4:02:44 PM   
marcbarker

If I am not mistaken You have to take the lat available number in the sequence of an OOB and create that way? same as in company, Battalion, Korps, Etc. I know for a fact when developing anything there is always a rev log and last sequence used when programming so the next guy who updates will have an Idea of where they left off.

Is it possible oh grand pubah of the ascii file format or even the slightest chance that you can include say in a designer notes section say last number used in the header of the OOB ie

|........US Army Divisions.....D1001XXX (WHATEVER.....| THIS WOULD BE A GREAT HELP!

I found it easier to add and modify oobs with the ascii format then the editor....

Just my humble Opinion...
Marc
one of the least heard sheep in this flock of a mindless gaiming society

(in reply to Jason Petho)
Post #: 4
RE: Inevetable? - 8/12/2008 5:16:01 PM   
Jason Petho

quote:

If I am not mistaken You have to take the lat available number in the sequence of an OOB and create that way? same as in company, Battalion, Korps, Etc. I know for a fact when developing anything there is always a rev log and last sequence used when programming so the next guy who updates will have an Idea of where they left off.

Is it possible oh grand pubah of the ascii file format or even the slightest chance that you can include say in a designer notes section say last number used in the header of the OOB ie

|........US Army Divisions.....D1001XXX (WHATEVER.....| THIS WOULD BE A GREAT HELP!

I found it easier to add and modify oobs with the ascii format then the editor....

Just my humble Opinion...
Marc
one of the least heard sheep in this flock of a mindless gaiming society

I use NOTEPAD and WORDPAD for editing OOB's, as do most modders, it vastly easier.

I have a list at home that explains the coding and the sequence of numbers.

I am at work.

Jason Petho

(in reply to marcbarker)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> John Tiller's Campaign Series >> Inevetable? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI