Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Demos / Refund

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Demos / Refund Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Demos / Refund - 10/7/2008 11:43:37 PM   
IanF1966

Hello all, I want to write about my disappointment over a recent purchase and an underlying problem.

I recently bought Close Combat Modern Warfare and found I didn't like it whatsoever.
Reading the product feature page, it looked like a good purchase for me but it wasnt to my taste when I played it.

Herein lies the problem:
If there had been a demo available I would certainly have downloaded it and after playing it certainly would not have purchased the game.

Searching the knowledgebase, they are no results whatsoever on returns or refunds.

I hope you will consider refunding me for this purchase as I am not working at this moment and do not have much income.

If you check my previous purchases with you, you'll see I am a good customer and this is a sincere post.

Regards,
I.C.

< Message edited by I.C. -- 10/7/2008 11:45:20 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Demos / Refund - 10/8/2008 12:23:54 AM   
wworld7

If you look on the store page under Customer Service,
and then under Return and Cancellations,
and then Refund Policy:

It says "all sales are final."

Many, if not all of us, have bought games that turned out less than what we wanted.

Good luck.

Flipper

(in reply to IanF1966)
Post #: 2
RE: Demos / Refund - 10/8/2008 12:41:36 AM   
IanF1966

quote:

ORIGINAL: flipperwasirish

and then Refund Policy:

"All sales are final" is not law but policy.

I'm not happy, there was no demo, and I think this is unfair .

(in reply to wworld7)
Post #: 3
RE: Demos / Refund - 10/8/2008 12:55:37 AM   
V22 Osprey

That is unfair, I understand though as they sale downloads.I do think though that if you just bought the CD version and the CD only, you should be able to send it back.

You can try selling to someone.

(in reply to IanF1966)
Post #: 4
RE: Demos / Refund - 10/8/2008 1:32:25 AM   
Hertston

quote:

Many, if not all of us, have bought games that turned out less than what we wanted.

True. If I'm honest that's probably true to some extent or other of at least half of the games I buy - and that includes Matrix ones, and indeed this particular one.

Refunds just aren't practical in the case of sale by direct download (particularly when that is handled through a third party like Digital River). The demo issue has been discussed at some length before, and there's a case both ways, but there is no obligation to buy any game without a demo. I'm sorry that you don't like the game (as I said I didn't think that much of it either), but I don't see anything 'unfair', just unfortunate.

(in reply to wworld7)
Post #: 5
RE: Demos / Refund - 10/8/2008 1:55:00 AM   
E

No returns on software in any format has been a normal and common industry standard since the 80's.  And it's understandable if you take two seconds to think about why. (personally, I only _hate_ the policy if the software will not run whatsoever... I'm merely frustrated when I've bought a stinker program).

Buyer Beware.

Thankfully, you can do much more research on a program these days.  That won't gaurantee you'll like it, but it's better than the complete gamble of the pre-internet days.

(in reply to Hertston)
Post #: 6
RE: Demos / Refund - 10/8/2008 3:18:11 AM   
wworld7

quote:

ORIGINAL: I.C.

quote:

and then Refund Policy:

"All sales are final" is not law but policy.

I'm not happy, there was no demo, and I think this is unfair .

I.C.,

I was just trying to show you where to find the information that you searched for but could not find. You were looking for Matrix's policy on this (or so I thought) and there it is.

I disagree that it is unfair, but my opinion does not matter here. This is between you and Matrix. And again, I sincerely again wish you luck. I also hope you find work soon.

Flipper

(in reply to IanF1966)
Post #: 7
RE: Demos / Refund - 10/8/2008 7:32:47 AM   
pad152

Next time ask questions about the game in the forums before you purchase, in most cases you will get a real answer both Pro and Con on a game. Do a google search of the title for reviews and comments from other web sites. We have all bought games that turned out, not to our liking, live and learn.

(in reply to wworld7)
Post #: 8
RE: Demos / Refund - 10/8/2008 11:45:59 AM   
Phatguy

Long time ago I used to agree with the OP. As most of you know, I had that little ole surgery and cant work for about 3-5 months, so game funding is in  real short supply these days and I know where he's coming from. So I do feel  for the OP to  a point. But that said, There are enough knowledgeble people here, screenshots floating about, reviews, both pro and amateur to be able to get a solid feeling for a game. Thats what I'm going to have to do from now till I go back to work.. Research it. There are quite a few titles out there I want , and long ago would have bought them sight unseen. Thats not the way to do it..lol. Every one of us has bought a game or two that was not exactly something we wanted. Thats how it is. Personally, I would love to get my money back if I get a dud, but  I would rather Matrix stay around for quite a while since they are really the only company around making games I want. The only way I would agree now for a refund would be a game that just does not work which has happened to me with Maximum Football, but David, Erik and Maximus and a few others bent over backwards to help me make it run to no avail. None of the biggies would ever help as much as the crew here  did so its worth the aggravation of a dud title once in a while.

(in reply to pad152)
Post #: 9
RE: Demos / Refund - 10/8/2008 12:01:07 PM   
Marc von Martial

I would like to mention that this is not solely us or the game business in general.

It is attached to the whole entertainment industry. You can't go to a movie and then request your money back because you did not like it (and I assure you there have been numerous movies where I would loved to just do that ). Same with music, be it CDs, digital purchases etc. etc.

(in reply to Phatguy)
Post #: 10
RE: Demos / Refund - 10/8/2008 12:38:50 PM   
MadmanRick

Well, the whole "no refund" policy is quite understandable and not wholly unexpected. However, I too am a huge supporter of Matrix games, having at least 7 or 8 currently installed on my HD. This one game in particular is a dog imo. Although, I was very enamored with the concept and subject (having owned every CC game that came down the pike save for CC1). However, I played this game exactly twice. The lack of a dynamic campaign was a real deal breaker for me and ruined what should have been an otherwise awesome development. I also know that Matrix and/or the developer has been adamant about not providing a dynamic campaign in a future patch. The upshot of all of this is that I now have to look at every Matrix release with a very critical eye, to make sure that it is what I want and not something that will languish on my HD or worse, the disc scrap heap. Therefore, Matrix has lost out on my purchase of games such as World at War, Kharkov and Panzer Command, simply because I wasn't sure that those games were right for me and I wasn't willing to take the plunge sight unseen. So count me in on the group that says "no demo = no money" for games I'm not totally sure of.

"Our lives begin to end the moment we become silent about things that matter". Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

(in reply to Marc von Martial)
Post #: 11
RE: Demos / Refund - 10/8/2008 12:44:39 PM   
sterckxe

quote:

ORIGINAL: MadmanRick
Therefore, Matrix has lost out on my purchase of games such as World at War, Kharkov and Panzer Command, simply because I wasn't sure that those games were right for me and I wasn't willing to take the plunge sight unseen. So count me in on the group that says "no demo = no money" for games I'm not totally sure of.

eh, you do realize there is a demo available for World at War and for Panzer Command - Operation Winter Storm and even Battles in Normandy if you want a taste of what Kharkov : Disaster on the Donets plays like.

Greetz,

Eddy Sterckx

(in reply to MadmanRick)
Post #: 12
Problem - 10/8/2008 12:48:16 PM   
hermanhum

quote:

ORIGINAL: Marc von Martial

It is attached to the whole entertainment industry. You can't go to a movie and then request your money back because you did not like it (and I assure you there have been numerous movies where I would loved to just do that )

I do not believe all theatres operate with the same policy. I know that I've gotten my money back if I leave within about 15 mins of the start time if I am really disgusted with the "intro".

(in reply to Marc von Martial)
Post #: 13
RE: Problem - 10/8/2008 1:43:02 PM   
SuluSea

You're probably better off trying to sell it on Ebay to atleast recoup some of your losses. I bought Puresim Baseball 2007 from Matrix on 3/27/08, played it twice and decided it just wasn't for me. Recently I decided to sell some games on Ebay, this of course was one of them. I take good care of my games but inspected the bottom of the CD anyway. The CD has no scratches at all but has a crack about 3/16" long off one of the edges. I surely didn't damage it, so now I can't even get any kind of value for it on Ebay.  I'm not happy at all about this and any CDs I buy in the future will get a thorough inspection .

"There’s no such thing as a bitter person who keeps the bitterness to himself.” ~ Erwin Lutzer

(in reply to hermanhum)
Post #: 14
RE: Problem - 10/8/2008 3:49:51 PM   
LitFuel

Just a thought but maybe not so smart to be buying a game when out of work anyway. I think even without a demo there is enough information/screenshots on here and on the web to know what you will be getting. Do a little research, hard to feel sorry for anyone who doesn't put some effort into it then complains.  It's CC...been around for years...yes this version is a little different but not that different (I couldn't get into it but only because I don't think the CC system fits modern combat as well, think it fits anything Vietnam backwards). Like others have said if you have the CD version just resell and get something back for it.

(in reply to SuluSea)
Post #: 15
RE: Problem - 10/8/2008 5:28:57 PM   
pad152

For thoes stuck with games you no longer play, trade them in for store credit at the NWS.

http://yhst-12000246778232.stores.yahoo.net/

(in reply to LitFuel)
Post #: 16
RE: Problem - 10/8/2008 5:47:05 PM   
Erik Rutins

Locking this up, I've contacted I.C. offline to listen to what he has to say.

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to pad152)
Post #: 17
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Demos / Refund Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll