Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Truck Bug

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> John Tiller's Campaign Series >> John Tiller’s Campaign Series Support >> Truck Bug Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Truck Bug - 9/18/2008 5:57:17 AM   
osiris_slith

Hi

Hopefully theres not too many of these

I thought that having 3SP trucks carrying 6SP infantry units in the new Russian OBs was a bad idea.

I have only found this problem with all Russian Guard Infantry so far. The AI cannot unload Russian Guard Infantry units, Guard Rifle, Guard SMG, Guard MG and Guard Engineer if they are loaded onto 3SP trucks as per the new Russian OBs, the AI will just run around the board with fully loaded trucks and will be more than happy to get up close and personal with german tanks but it will not unload!

I reloaded the infantry into 6SP trucks and the AI was more than happy to unload them at the first sign of a german tank.

something is not working..maybe in the next patch its time to give the AI a serious debugging and updating.

osiris
Post #: 1
RE: Truck Bug - 9/18/2008 6:40:23 AM   
Jason Petho

HAL is not the smartest, nor has ever claimed to be, since the original East Front.

I would recommend finding a human opponent if you want a real challenge.

Jason Petho

(in reply to osiris_slith)
Post #: 2
RE: Truck Bug - 9/18/2008 6:45:19 AM   
osiris_slith

HI Jason

I think you missed the point. Its not about how the AI is playing...Im very happy with the way the AI plays. This is a bug...the AI cannot unload the infantry. The AI can unload guns, artillery, mortars and motorcycle units but it cannot unload 6SP, 4SP 3 SP infantry units in 3SP and 2SP trucks. Please just check it out.

Osiris

(in reply to Jason Petho)
Post #: 3
RE: Truck Bug - 9/18/2008 6:56:50 AM   
Jason Petho

quote:

ORIGINAL: osiris

HI Jason

I think you missed the point. Its not about how the AI is playing...Im very happy with the way the AI plays. This is a bug...the AI cannot unload the infantry. The AI can unload guns, artillery, mortars and motorcycle units but it cannot unload 6SP, 4SP 3 SP infantry units in 3SP and 2SP trucks. Please just check it out.

Osiris

There are the original Talonsoft OOB's (and/or 6sp trucks) if you prefer using those, if they suit your needs.

Jason Petho

(in reply to osiris_slith)
Post #: 4
RE: Truck Bug - 9/18/2008 9:21:17 AM   
marcbarker

Just curious, Why can't the truck issue be fixed? Why revert to an old OOB when there was so much work done to this update? Is this a bug that will be fixed in the next update?

games:
1. AGEOD Blue and Gray
2. John Tiller's Battleground Series
3. Combat Mission: Beyond Overlord
4. Combat Mission: Barbarossa to Berlin
5. V for Victory Games
6. Silent Hunter III
7. Silent Hunter IV
8. Rise and Fall of the Third Re

(in reply to Jason Petho)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> John Tiller's Campaign Series >> John Tiller’s Campaign Series Support >> Truck Bug Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI