Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

closed: thanks for the interest! expert (and highly successful) opponent wanted

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Opponents wanted >> closed: thanks for the interest! expert (and highly successful) opponent wanted Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
closed: thanks for the interest! expert (and highly s... - 10/2/2008 5:57:10 PM   
cyqq

For full 1941 stock campaign. I will be either Allies or Japs. Your choice. HRs minimal and open to negotiation but must commit to playing game until computer declares victor. Will do 1,2 or 3 day turns. Can commit to one turn every two days on average. Often every day, occassionally every 3 days. So far, I have decisively won every game I played either as Allies or Japanese on 1 Jan 43. Ego is getting rather big so it needs to be deflated by you!

SUGGESTED HOUSE RULES:
air:
1. No 4E on Naval below 10k
2. No 2E on Naval below 7k prior to 1944

TFs:
3. ASW TF max 6 ships per TF.
4. PT boats not allowed to mix with other types in surface combat TFs

Invasions
5. No Japanese LCU naval invasions north of Tavoy until either Singapore falls or the Japanese player opens another entry into the Indian ocean by securing Java straits (capturing Batavia and other 2 bases next to it)
6. Sub evac = ok. Sub invasion = not ok.

Land combat:
7. "Be realistic" with cutting off troops for surrender. A whole Btn would be sufficient to cut off a unit, but a few squads = no.
8. No dividing LCUs into regiments for the sole purpose of combat in the same hex - this means the first unit gets beaten up, and the other 2 regiments get off scott free. Dividing an LCU in a rear area to accept replacements is fine, and dividing an LCU defend multiple hexes is fine.
9. No attacking with just suicide engineers. There is (or was) a bug where attacking LCUs got a 2nd bombardment attack if only ENG units attacked. We weren't sure if this was fixed or not, so we said no solo ENG unit attacks.

Various:
10. USMC squadrons -are- allowed to operate from USN carriers, just as Japanese CV-capable sqdns are allowed on CVL/CVEs but no OSCARS on carriers EVER.
10a. No Corsairs on carriers until 1/44 except for transport missions.

The World is Not a Rectangle:

11. 2 hexes on left side of map from top to bottom are Indian Ocean and Japanese surface and aircraft cannot enter. Limit of 1 IJN sub per column. Exception: IJN carrier based aircraft from carriers in costal hexes while supporting amphibious or ground assault on Perth are exempt.
Allies not allowed to launch attacks from left side hexes.
12. 2 hexes on bottom of map from left to right: Japanese surface and aircraft cannot enter. Limit of 1 IJN sub per row. Exception: If Dunedin is captured and expanded to size 4 or greater, Nells/Bettys based there can interdict shipping in bottom two rows. Allies cannot launch attacks from bottom two rows.

Tora! Tora! Tora!

< Message edited by cyqq -- 10/9/2008 3:58:06 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: expert (and highly successful) opponent wanted - 10/4/2008 5:29:23 PM   
itsjustme

Hi,

I am willing to play the Allied side.  I would play the IJN, but I wouldn't consider myself anything close to an expert on that side.    I've completed two full campaigns (to 1945) and have 1 in progress in late 1943, so if I say I am going to play to the end, I'll play to the end.

Your house rules are fine by me.

Let me know if you are interested.

(in reply to cyqq)
Post #: 2
RE: expert (and highly successful) opponent wanted - 10/4/2008 7:28:26 PM   
castor troy

you always achieved autovictory on 1/43 with the Allied?

(in reply to itsjustme)
Post #: 3
RE: expert (and highly successful) opponent wanted - 10/4/2008 9:11:24 PM   
cyqq

Against human opponents, I've played the full campaign 3 times: Once as allies and twice as Japan. Auto victory each time 1 Jan 43. I have often played vs the AI both this game and its predecessor, Pacific War. In those campaigns, Allied decisive victory did take longer for me.

It is an involved game. I'm in it for the long haul. Would really like a strong, committed opponent.

(in reply to castor troy)
Post #: 4
RE: expert (and highly successful) opponent wanted - 10/5/2008 2:32:32 AM   
Yamato hugger

I would but I havent played stock in almost 2 years. If you wanted to do CHS 2 day turns, I would do either side.

(in reply to cyqq)
Post #: 5
RE: expert (and highly successful) opponent wanted - 10/6/2008 5:50:45 AM   
cyqq

Yamato: PM sent

(in reply to Yamato hugger)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Opponents wanted >> closed: thanks for the interest! expert (and highly successful) opponent wanted Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI