Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Beginner's Question

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Larry Bond's Harpoon - Commander's Edition >> Tech Support >> Beginner's Question Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Beginner's Question - 9/28/2008 8:58:28 AM   
PongoDeMer

I have downloaded a HCE battleset (Norwegian Sea War) into HCE but when I boot the program up it does not show register. I have probably put it in the wrong place. What is the right place/file path?

In mitigation there seems to be no obvious folder labelled "scenarios" or "battlesets" for it to go into!

I would be very grateful for all help received.

Many thanks,

PongoDeMer (Novice)
Post #: 1
RE: Beginner's Question - 9/28/2008 10:10:05 AM   
mack2

You just open it up from inside the game regardless of where it is located. You might want to make a folder for it.

You also have to make sure you open the correct battleset first.

(in reply to PongoDeMer)
Post #: 2
RE: Beginner's Question - 9/28/2008 2:35:36 PM   
TonyE

PongoDeMer, it sounds like you downloaded a scenario, not a battleset. A battleset consists of two files and may contain multiple scenarios, a map, and a database. A scenario will work within some existing or downloaded battleset.

We have a bit of a guide to scenario and saved game names at HarpGamer to help you match scenarios to battlesets: http://harpgamer.com/harpforum/index.php?showtopic=2380

So, looking at what you downloaded indicates this was a bit of a tricky one you chose . For those following along at home, http://harpgamer.com/harpforum/index.php?autocom=downloads&showfile=305

To use those scenarios you can...
1. Unzip them to your HCE directory (or to a subdirectory perhaps called Scenarios that you create).

2. Start the game, choose the "HDS1 - Harpoon Designers' Series BattleSet #1". I got that from the filename chart link above. HDS1 GIUK = .SC6 (still a bit confusing eh?).

3. When you get to the scenario selection prompt, click "User Scenario", then look in the Scenarios folder if you made one, then in the "Norwegian Sea War" folder for the scenarios.

One more note, scenarios for the EC2003, WestPac, and beyond battlesets are going to make full use of the game changes we've made in the last 6 years whereas older scenarios such as these won't have the same level of ECM, Radar, Sonar, and other capabilities. Don't get me wrong, the older scenarios are great, they just may not always give the same depth of gaming experience and scenarios for the more recent battlesets.

< Message edited by TonyE -- 9/28/2008 2:37:18 PM >

Sincerely,
Tony Eischens
Harpoon (HC, HCE, HUCE, Classic) programmer
HarpGamer.com Co-Owner

(in reply to mack2)
Post #: 3
RE: Beginner's Question - 9/28/2008 4:32:04 PM   
PongoDeMer

Many thanks

PongoDeMer

(in reply to TonyE)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Larry Bond's Harpoon - Commander's Edition >> Tech Support >> Beginner's Question Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI