Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Couple of JFB questions ..... Curb your curiosity CARL

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> The War Room >> Couple of JFB questions ..... Curb your curiosity CARL Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Couple of JFB questions ..... Curb your curiosity CARL - 11/28/2008 10:45:14 PM   
scout1

1) How do I prevent my good fighter airframes from going to the new inexperienced reinforcements rather than funnelling them to my experienced frontline boys waiting for the good toys ?
I hate it when a new unit sucks up my worthwild airframes when my 90+ exp boys are still flying crates around ..... I'd really like to target select air units for upgrades as a priority (wonder if AE allows, me to do that, if WitP doesn't already but I haven't figured out how .....)

2) Is it possible to starve out Manilla or does it have to many resources ? Historically, should have starved it of ammunition, but WitP doesn't differentiate between butter and bullets ......
Post #: 1
RE: Couple of JFB questions ..... Curb your curiosity CARL - 11/28/2008 10:58:06 PM   
RUPD3658

1. Set all units to do not upgrade and do it manually. Same thing with assigning replacement AC. If there are not enough in the pool the new units will arrive short of AC. Set them to not accept AC and you can keep you good units up to strength.

2. Manilla has no resources and even if it did they would not produce if the base is contested. It can be starved out.

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has limits"- Darwin Awards 2003

"No plan survives contact with the enemy." - Field Marshall Helmuth von Moltke

(in reply to scout1)
Post #: 2
RE: Couple of JFB questions ..... Curb your curiosity CARL - 11/29/2008 3:12:35 AM   
Yamato hugger

1) PDUs on, yes. PDUs off no.

2) Yes. He will run out of supplies somewhere areound March to May depending on how many sorties he flew and how much combat he engages in. The more the better for you.

(in reply to RUPD3658)
Post #: 3
RE: Couple of JFB questions ..... Curb your curiosity CARL - 11/29/2008 6:31:51 AM   
n01487477

Manila -
playing Nemo's mod...
  • I concur but also hit the port and airfield continually and repeatedly and with as many planes are you can spare or even use it to train. This way you are getting airfield and port supply hits too and this writes down the supply quicker than doing nothing.
  • Reduce his fort Lvls with Engineers and Art units. I usually wait until the engineers have some AS. Also on that turn hit the ground troops with a/c to cause disruption and hence "usually" allows a reduction in the fort.
  • I sometimes also withdraw some Div's to Clark for reinforcement when needed.
  • Keeping the airfield closed makes sure there are no sneaky attacks where planes are ferried in from China to make life difficult, and also means that the Fort can't be upgraded.
  • Fly LRCAP over the base if your opponent is flying in supplies.

But what do I know? Manila is still in Allied hands and it is July '42! But then I have too many troops in Siberia for a really concerted attack. *sigh*

I have PDU on and allow air and land reinforcements off(I manage this manually). Or if you want do it in the game via the land based and then sea based icons.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by n01487477 -- 11/29/2008 6:46:17 AM >

(in reply to Yamato hugger)
  • Post #: 4
    Page:   [1]
    All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> The War Room >> Couple of JFB questions ..... Curb your curiosity CARL Page: [1]
    Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
    Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
     Post New Thread
     Reply to Message
     Post New Poll
     Submit Vote
     Delete My Own Post
     Delete My Own Thread
     Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI