Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

rate of fire smoke in german tanks

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Mega-Campaigns for SP:WaW >> rate of fire smoke in german tanks Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
rate of fire smoke in german tanks - 4/23/2002 2:49:12 PM   
marius

why any tank whit capacity of fire smoke, can fire more shots that ther capacity rate fire.?

sample PZIVE normal fire rate is 4,and is available 12 smoke round, in one turn the tank I can fire 4 shots versus other tank and afther fire 12 smoke shots.

I think is not real.

?????

Màrius

" A por ellos que son pocos y cobardes "
Post #: 1
- 4/23/2002 8:54:47 PM   
Charles2222

Don't you think that ALL tanks are the same in that regard? I don't use smoke too much, but I always thought all the ones that used it used a fire opportunity in doing so. I never thought of firing all my rounds and 'then' firing smoke, as I wouldn't expect that it would work, because it sure doesn't work that way for the infantry. BTW, I'm pretty sure smoke dischargers don't decrease the fire rate for the turn, but with no tank having more than one smoke discharger chance that's not that big of a deal, if one can say that such a thing wasn't true.

(in reply to marius)
Post #: 2
i don´t speak about the discharger smoke - 4/24/2002 8:01:52 PM   
marius

hello,
thanks for your reply,sorry for mi level of english.

But, mi question is about the smoke bullet, not discharger smoke ( only one for tank).

try to fire at 15 hex and another tank (KV1E) whit a pzIVe, fire all normal rate rounds , and after create a semi-circle of smoke hex around. ( this is mi question,is real?)

thanks

" a por ellos que son pocos y cobardes "

i promise tomorrow i will buy a spanish-english translator

(in reply to marius)
Post #: 3
- 4/25/2002 1:40:17 AM   
Charles2222

marius: What I was saying, was that I knew that smoke through a shell takes a round from the amount of rounds you can fire that turn, but if I understand you correctly you're complaining that smoke rounds can be fired even when there are no regular fire chances left, whcih indeed would be wrong. I was saying that i would be surprised if that was true, because I know the infantry model won't allow you to fire smoke in that same situation.

I mentioned smoke dischargers, because I thought you might have got that mixed up with smoke rounds, since smoke dischargers will fire after all fire chances have been used.

(in reply to marius)
Post #: 4
- 4/25/2002 1:51:15 AM   
rbrunsman

Charles_22, I found that my PzIVs can fire smoke shells after using all their shots for the turn also. I've been using this against the Russians in MCLV. I don't see how it is possible since the main gun is used to fire these shells but it sure works well to plant one of those in front of a KV-1 or KV-2 after you have immobilzed it.

(in reply to marius)
Post #: 5
- 4/25/2002 3:22:22 AM   
Charles2222

rbrunsman: Maybe y'all are on to something here. But I was asking about this being German-specific because I'm thinking if one nationality does it, all will do it, but I can't recall having tired it even with German stuff. Has anyone tried this in a WWII campaign, with other nationalities as well? It may be just MC specific.

(in reply to marius)
Post #: 6
- 4/25/2002 9:01:53 PM   
Charles2222

Hmm, had a PZIVD in my current WWII campaign, and it too fired smoke after all fire chances were expended. It's really radical, because you can expend every single smoke round at that point too. I haven't tried any other smoke tanks yet.

(in reply to marius)
Post #: 7
- 4/26/2002 1:12:27 AM   
rbrunsman

I was very happy when I stumbled upon that trick with the PzIVs. Their smoke shells have saved my PzIIIs and Halftacks a beating several times.

(in reply to marius)
Post #: 8
i can use in all scenarios and campaigns - 4/26/2002 7:09:43 PM   
marius

Thanks Charles and Rbrunsamn por reply in this post.

And remember this use to fire smoke after normal shooting i can used in any scenario and campaign to spwaw.

regards

Màrius

" a por ellos que son pocos y cobardes "

(in reply to marius)
Post #: 9
New one to me! - 4/27/2002 11:04:03 AM   
Capt. Pixel

I checked this out with some other countries (US, UK, SO, JA).

I fired each tank dry with Indirect fire ('Z' key) and then proceeded to fire smoke (with the main guns rounds available reading '0')

They all do the same thing - seems the only limit to firing smoke is the number of rounds on-board the tank. :D

"Always mystify, mislead, and surprise the enemy, if possible. "
- Stonewall Jackson

(in reply to marius)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Mega-Campaigns for SP:WaW >> rate of fire smoke in german tanks Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI