Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Safari mission bug....

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Hired Guns: The Jagged Edge >> Tech Support >> Safari mission bug.... Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Safari mission bug.... - 12/15/2008 1:58:54 AM   
Chris Bisson

Last time I have played the Safari mission, during the battle the guy you were supposed to save strolled off the map while the battle was going on. I watched it and assumed he was safe. I finnished the battle up a few turns later and I failed the mission as the game says he died. I am certain I saw him walk off the map. The other guy (bus driver) says too bad he was killed or something like that and the boss was pissed off about it. I felt like I was swindled out of a win, but I figured what the hell and kept playing instead of reloading a nd replaying the whole battle over again. I guess this fits into bug report section? ;)
Post #: 1
RE: Safari mission bug.... - 12/15/2008 5:25:38 PM   
IvanLeppa

I tried the Safari mission several time in the begining but as I enter the area everyone just falls down dead. Mission over.

Started a new game -> same thing, and again...

(in reply to Chris Bisson)
Post #: 2
RE: Safari mission bug.... - 12/15/2008 6:35:03 PM   
Erik Rutins

Yes, if he wanders off the map, it's assumed that he fell victim to other marauders.

The method I use for this map is as follows. First you need to get there quickly. If you take too long, they'll be dead. Second, put your strongest character on point when you deploy. This will allow him to initiate the discussion with the leader of the marauders and give him the intimidation-based conversation choice to have them just let that one hostage go. Once they do that, you can either leave the sector having completed the mission (and leave the rest to die) or (my preferred method) open up a can of whoop-ass on the marauders once your guy is safe. Just don't shoot any of the civilians, so limit burst fire and make sure fire lanes are clear.

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to IvanLeppa)
Post #: 3
RE: Safari mission bug.... - 12/16/2008 10:37:58 AM   
Mraah

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins
(my preferred method) open up a can of whoop-ass on the marauders once your guy is safe.

Erik,

I always thought of you as a diplomat and can persuade others with your gift to gab ... .

Remind me not to get in an argument with you!!

Rob

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 4
RE: Safari mission bug.... - 12/16/2008 12:35:27 PM   
Erik Rutins

Well, I don't much care for folks who are out to kill civilians. Sort of suppresses my diplomatic side when I see that.

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Mraah)
Post #: 5
RE: Safari mission bug.... - 12/16/2008 4:33:22 PM   
SlickWilhelm

Huh, I had a somewhat different experience in the Safari sector. I opened up a can of whoop-ass from the git-go, and eventually eliminated all the marauders. I did lose one merc, however(poor Moby Dick, we hardly knew ye). But for some reason the mission wouldn't end, even when it said the sector was clear. So even though the guy I was supposed to rescue was fine, the mission didn't actually end until all the other hostages left the map. Thought that was weird. Oh, and my apologies to the family of the bus driver. He didn't quite make it out alive. 

Beta Tester - Brother Against Brother
Beta Tester - Commander: The Great War
Beta Tester - Desert War 1940-42

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Hired Guns: The Jagged Edge >> Tech Support >> Safari mission bug.... Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI