Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

I remember

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Mega-Campaigns for SP:WaW >> I remember Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
I remember - 4/30/2002 1:55:29 AM   
Gary Tatro

reading in some post that your core force in MC-LV eventually gets upgraded? Does this really happen? Around what senario does it happen? And what is upgraded?

I hope the Moterized infantry become Mechenized!!!

"Are you going to do something or just stand there and bleed"
Post #: 1
- 4/30/2002 2:34:02 AM   
Orzel Bialy

Gary,
Perhaps I read your post wrong, but I believe what was meant was that "you" can upgrade your core forces...it isn't done manually by the game engine.
As you fight the battles and gain points, you have the ability to upgrade your forces at the same screen where you "fix" them. The weapons that are available are according to historical timeline...so as to say there will be no King Tigers in LV. :)
If you wish to change infantry to armor you can, but it eats up a lot of points...points that can be of value to keep your core force at a high state of readiness throughout the campaign.
Anyway, hope this answered your question.

(in reply to Gary Tatro)
Post #: 2
- 4/30/2002 5:32:42 AM   
RUsco

In Mega Campaigns the forces are upgraded by the designers. You CAN NOT uprade yourself. In Generated or user made campaigns you can upgrade as you go.

As to the original question, I have not played MC-LV yet so I do not when or to what units are upgraded to.

(in reply to Gary Tatro)
Post #: 3
- 4/30/2002 6:01:46 AM   
Orzel Bialy

My error. :)

(in reply to Gary Tatro)
Post #: 4
- 4/30/2002 6:01:55 AM   
rbrunsman

I hope my Stug IIIs get upgraded to PzIIIgs. Is that asking too much?:) Or at least give them more AP.

(in reply to Gary Tatro)
Post #: 5
- 4/30/2002 6:39:45 AM   
Gen.Hoepner

mmm....i love my 3 stugs!I think that it won't be so realistic to have a motorized company with attached 3 panzers...the stugs are the normal armoured pieces at disposal of a motorized infantry units.....

(in reply to Gary Tatro)
Post #: 6
- 4/30/2002 10:19:27 AM   
Grenadier

The kampfgruppe is upgraded in equipment about 1/3 of the way through, after the battle of Uman. You get a platoon converted to SPW and the AT section is upgraded to 50mm guns with SPW's for towing.

Brent Grenadier Richards

[url=http://

(in reply to Gary Tatro)
Post #: 7
Soo - 4/30/2002 8:50:57 PM   
Gary Tatro

What you are saying is that I am stuck with my trucks for the whole campaign ehh. Well it could be worse they could be walking. :p

"Are you going to do something or just stand there and bleed"

(in reply to Gary Tatro)
Post #: 8
- 5/1/2002 4:37:20 AM   
rbrunsman

Uh, what's an "SPW?"

I didn't mean to disparage my Stugs. I just wish they had more AP. My loadout seems to be about 8 per node. I sure like their front armor thickness. I use them to draw fire from my supporting PzIIIs. Is that a stupid thing to do? They rarely get destroyed by a frontal shot.

I can't wait for the 50mm AT gun!!

(in reply to Gary Tatro)
Post #: 9
- 5/4/2002 11:58:43 AM   
AbsntMndedProf

I hope the Stugs get upgraded to ones with MGs on board. (Killing one or two infantrymen with each 75mm shot gets tedious after a while.) :D :D

Eric Maietta

(in reply to Gary Tatro)
Post #: 10
- 5/4/2002 12:03:01 PM   
AbsntMndedProf

Gary Tatro posted:

"What you are saying is that I am stuck with my trucks for the whole campaign ehh. Well it could be worse they could be walking."

Historically, the German army suffered a chronic shortage of HTs on all fronts, as I recall from my readings. (With the possible exception of Waffen SS units, which received the best equipment available.) Just be glad your troopers don't have to ride bicycles, as many Eastern front troops had to do to keep up with the panzers. :D

Eric Maietta

(in reply to Gary Tatro)
Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Mega-Campaigns for SP:WaW >> I remember Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI