Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Smoke discharger, possible bug ?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Smoke discharger, possible bug ? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Smoke discharger, possible bug ? - 10/12/2000 7:34:00 PM   
steel

Tanks smoke disharger dont ever go broken, when enemy fire at heavy barrages to my tanks or other way.

Post #: 1
- 10/12/2000 9:39:00 PM   
Grumble

"It's not a bug, it's a feature". IMHO, I'm fairly sure it wasn't built in as the additional detail would not be worth the additional coding/testing.

"...these go up to eleven."
Nigel Tufnel

(in reply to steel)
Post #: 2
- 10/12/2000 10:22:00 PM   
jsaurman

I have noticed that also. Another odd thing is that PzIII's sometimes are listed as having a smoke discharger, but they never get smoke ammo. This just may be an error in the OOB's though.

(in reply to steel)
Post #: 3
- 10/12/2000 10:32:00 PM   
Fuerte

I believe that a smoke discharger has nothing to do with smoke ammo. If a tank has a smoke discharger, then it can fire it once, and get three smoke shots. Smoke ammo is fired from the main gun.

(in reply to steel)
Post #: 4
- 10/12/2000 11:11:00 PM   
Warhorse

Fuerte, you are correct, the dischargers are little mini-mortar looking devices, usually mounted to the sides of the tank turret, but some like Pz IIIM had rear hull mounted 'candles'. I usually employ these in desperate last ditch camoflage maneuver, if I get into trouble!! The smoke ammo, however is usually only found in Pz IV stumpf, and other countries 'support' class vehicles, a very good asset to have around when confronting those #!@$ bunkers!!! ------------------ Mike Amos Meine Ehre Heisst Treue

Mike Amos

Meine Ehre heißt Treue
www.cslegion.com

(in reply to steel)
Post #: 5
- 10/12/2000 11:19:00 PM   
jsaurman

What I was refering to is that in the OOB's the PzIII has a "1" in the smoke discharger category, but is never issued any smoke ammo. Therefore it cannot fire smoke ammo from the cannon or smoke discharger. Which is wrong, the fact that there *is* a smoke discharger, or the fact that no smoke ammo is issued to those tanks? I don't believe that PzIII's did have dischargers, but I do believe they had smoke shells for their cannons. Can anyone confirm this?

(in reply to steel)
Post #: 6
- 10/12/2000 11:34:00 PM   
Fuerte

You don't need smoke ammo for the smoke discharger, it has its own ammo.

(in reply to steel)
Post #: 7
- 10/12/2000 11:46:00 PM   
Voriax

quote:

Originally posted by jsaurman: What I was refering to is that in the OOB's the PzIII has a "1" in the smoke discharger category, but is never issued any smoke ammo. Therefore it cannot fire smoke ammo from the cannon or smoke discharger.
Smoke ammo is not issued in the oob. Only the smoke discharger for which there is a 'yes' or 'no' selector. As Warhorse said the smoke ammo is issued 'automagically' to CS tanks, but I dunno how the exact amount is determined. Smoke discharger does not need ammo, it is a single shot device that pops out smoke in the 3 hexes in the vehicle's front arc when you press the 'd' button.
quote:

Which is wrong, the fact that there *is* a smoke discharger, or the fact that no smoke ammo is issued to those tanks? I don't believe that PzIII's did have dischargers, but I do believe they had smoke shells for their cannons. Can anyone confirm this?
In the www.achtungpanzer.com there are pictures of PzIII's with smoke dischargers clearly visible. I dunno if all models had them or not. Also the text mentions two different discharger variants. I browsed some sites I've bookmarked that have info about ammo but I found no mention of either 37mm, 50mm short or long smoke ammo. It may have existed, but as there is no smoke ammo type in the oob's we cannot just give them to tanks. That requires coding and is beyond my control or expertise. Voriax ------------------ OOB-Wan Kenobi [This message has been edited by Voriax (edited October 12, 2000).]

Oh God give Me strength to accept those things I cannot change with a firearm!

(in reply to steel)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Smoke discharger, possible bug ? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI