Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Who´s winning? Who i´m in war with? Suggestions

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> WW2: Road to Victory >> Who´s winning? Who i´m in war with? Suggestions Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Who´s winning? Who i´m in war with? Suggestions - 1/11/2009 1:33:38 PM   
Deadmoon

After purchasing and trying the game i´ve found things that like and dislike. I would like to review a couple of issues related to victory conditions. Here we go:

a) I had no idea if i´m winning or not as there´s not a report on who´s countries are involved in an alliance and how many VP it have. I expected to find one under "reports" screen but no, there isn´t one.

b) I think that the hexes of enemy countries should be darkened. The map is a bit confusing as it is now as everything looks quite the same and sometimes it´s hard to tell if that hex is yours or is it controlled by the enemy or if you are in war with that country. Take a look at how Commander: Europe at war solves this.

c) Cities that are worth VP should have a number in brackets after their name. It´s quite annoying having to click on every city to discover if it´s worth VP´s or not.
Post #: 1
RE: Who´s winning? Who i´m in war with? Suggestions - 1/11/2009 2:09:04 PM   
patchogue

I certainly agree with point (a) and my problem relating to pint (b) is that frontlines get very confusing when e.g. Italy and Germany are invading France!

For point (c) - for most game play I find the need for a supply source outweighs VP at a tactical level.

As an additional point I have beated both axis and allies but when the last power is defeated it tries to devolve leadership onto an already defeted nation e.g. slovakia or the US - rather than telling me I've won!

"It takes three years to build a ship, it takes three centuries to build a tradition"
Admiral Andrew Cunningham

(in reply to Deadmoon)
Post #: 2
RE: Who´s winning? Who i´m in war with? Suggestions - 1/12/2009 2:03:48 PM   
Deadmoon

I´ll add a line somewhere (maybe near the map) like this:

Allied: 12 VP
Axis: 8 VP
Comintern: 4 VP

This way it´s easy to figure if you side is winning or not and what could be your next step.

(in reply to Deadmoon)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> WW2: Road to Victory >> Who´s winning? Who i´m in war with? Suggestions Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI